Recent Posts

white05
on 2/21/15 5:50 am
Topic: RE: Gallblader

what systems did you have.  I believe that's my problem but my PCP doesn't.

Kate -True Brit
on 2/20/15 8:57 pm - UK

No,  I don't know this as fact but I think it may be less of an issue for banded people as we tend to lose less weight and lose it more slowly. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Kate -True Brit
on 2/20/15 8:55 pm - UK
Topic: RE: So frustrated

As Kath says, I am almost nine years post- and have gained back just under 30lbs twice. Both times I lost it again

liquid diets are pointless self-flagellation! The band is not designed to work with liquid. Go back to protein first, the crunchy veggiew, then carbs if room.  If you eat between meals, make it a controlled calories snack. 

My way of keeping control is not to buy larger clothes. At  30lbs heavier, there was just one skirt and a couple of formerly-baggy tops I could wear. Great motivator having to wear the same clothes every day! 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

kathkeb
on 2/20/15 1:57 pm
Topic: RE: So frustrated

I am almost 6 years out and have gained about 30 pounds above my goal.

Liquid diets do not work for me .... They trigger a strong rebellion in me ...(I did 26 weeks of Medifast one year).

I go back to basics with 5-6 small, protein packed meals a day.

B -Greek yogurt, 15 grams of protein for 150 calories

S- Luna bar, 9 or 10 grams protein for 180 calories .. Very filling

L -- cheese and meat roll up.  I slice a low cal cheese stick in half lengthwise, spread with a bit of mustard and roll a thin slick of roast beef on it.  I get 2 roll ups for 100 calories ...about 20 grams of protein

S -- whole grain crackers with a tablespoon of peanut butter .. About 200 calories and 5 grams of protein

D -- meat or fish, small amount of veggie, 1-2 bites of starch

If I am hungry, I have a low fat pudding snack.

I walk about 45-60 minutes each evening

Kath

drdteach
on 2/20/15 10:04 am
Topic: So frustrated

After 6 yrs of success with my band and being the star of my surgeons patient for having lost the most out of all his patients with a band I have in the past 6 months gained 20 lbs!  I am so upset and frustrated with myself.  I know that part of the issue is stupid coffee drinks which I have now cut out of my life and for several months I didn't exercise due to health issues.  I have now been diagnosed with an untreatable incurable muscle disease that does cause me to be very weak.  I have however started going to the gym and have gone 7 times so far this month.  I am determined to get these 20 lbs off and am tracking everything I eat.

i am just so totally upset.  None of my clothes fit I had to go buy lager sizes again.

any words of wisdom from others?  I have to get rid of these pounds and am considering doing a liquid diet like before surgery to get jump,started.

thanks...

Hislady
on 2/20/15 8:29 am - Vancouver, WA

I had mine removed a couple of years after I was banded even tho I took ursadiol or something like that to hopefully make it not happen.

white05
on 2/20/15 4:55 am
Topic: Gallblader

Has anyone had problem with this.  I know it can be an issue.  

Cathy W.
on 2/20/15 2:28 am
Topic: Share your NSVs (Non-Scale Victories) and WOW Moments

NSVs and WOW Moments are the milestones that happen along our WLS journeys.  They are motivating and treasured times so we want to celebrate them with you.

Each month, we're going to create a post on the OH Blog and OH's social media of NSVs and WOW Moments you've submitted to us. If you'd like to share your NSVs and WOW Moments, submit to us by email so the OH community can celebrate along with you. In your email, please make sure to include your OH Username.  If you have a high res photo that you'd like us to use, attach it to the email.  When you send us the email, you're authorizing us to share it on ObesityHelp.com and OH's Social Media.  

Let's celebrate the many NSVs and WOW Moments of ourselves and each other.  

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

Vivian Prouty
on 2/19/15 10:38 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Topic: FRIDAY GRATEFUL POST

Good Friday Everyone,

Hope everyone has a exciting weekend planned. When I get off here I have to bake a cake for my new granddaughter's baby shower tomorrow. I baked a 3D bear yesterday to go on top of the cake and froze it and now this AM I am baking the bottom layer and then tonight decorating and putting it together for the shower tomorrow. We should all be grateful everyday for God giving us another day of second chances and to live life. Today I am so grateful for my granddaughter ( 2 1/2 ) who lights up my world everyday and I am so grateful to be blessed with another precious granddaughter who will be welcomed into the world in about 3 weeks. Grateful for my family, friends, WLS, OH, things I can do now since my surgery and have been doing for over 9 yrs now. Grateful for support groups and friends who encourage me to exercise more and eat healthy. PLEASE share if you will what you are grateful for today and have a blessed day.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Vivian Prouty
on 2/19/15 10:26 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Topic: MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE FOR TODAY

MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE FOR TODAY......Your past does not equal, nor does it dictate, your future.

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Most Active