Recent Posts

kimkimmie
on 1/9/23 1:08 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Topic: RE: New life for old band?

Thank you! Never heard that theory before but it really makes sense. I appreciate you taking the time to share.

~Kim 

***I was at 27 pounds lost on the day of surgery -- the loss shown on ticker includes my pre-op weight loss***
Kitty_mom
on 1/9/23 12:28 pm - New Maryland, Canada

My experience is that after the first year with a band your metabolism has slowed and experiments on contestants of the Biggest Loser had shown that 6 years later their metabolism has not returned to normal levels. I lost over 80 pounds my first year but some of that was from starving with a slipped band. For the last 10 years, my weight has remained consistently 40 pounds down from my original weight. Try as I may I can not seem to lose anymore. My surgeon says I may not be thin but the band has prevented me from becoming a lot larger.

bookcraver
on 11/12/22 2:35 am - Yuba City, CA
Topic: RE: Hiaral Hernia / Gerd

I got my band in 2004, got rid of 60 lbs and really like my band. Since January of this year, I've been having a lot of trouble keeping food down. I throw up quite often. After having an endoscopy, the doctor said I have a hernia just above my band and this might be the cause. My problem is also in finding a doctor to see me, since my original surgery was in Mexico.

Have you had any help with yours?

sasukeluffy
on 10/16/22 6:48 pm
Topic: RE: Issues with port

I have the same question. lol beans

4ferme
on 9/26/22 4:49 am - CT

I'm trying. Several doctors have refused to take me on as a patient because they did not perform the original surgery.

White Dove
on 9/25/22 9:42 am, edited 9/25/22 2:42 am - Warren, OH

Find a new doctor, get rid of band, try to get RNY if big regain after band removed.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

4ferme
on 9/21/22 2:43 pm - CT
Topic: Hiaral Hernia / Gerd

I got my band in 2005. Lost 120 lbs and have luckily been able to keep all but 20 lbs off. For the past year I have been choking at night on mucous. I was recently diagnosed with Barretts esophagus and a hiatal hernia. Has anyone had their band removed? Not really sure what my next step is. I am also having a hard time finding follow up care. My last two doctors moved out of state. Any comments or suggestions would be great.

Tamara V.
on 8/31/22 7:02 am - Portland, OR

I've had very similar problems with reflux. I did have fluid removed from the band and pretty immediately was STARVING. After having a fill again I did have a return of some better control of my hunger. I still have to be very careful about my reflux, when I don't control my diet and WHEN I eat it gets out of control and like you I'm up all night coughing.

gregadamson
on 6/7/22 2:15 am, edited 6/6/22 7:15 pm
Topic: RE: Star Jones' arm surgery? Last night on House Hunters!

Thanks a lot for this! you can also find help writing papers here https://domymathhomeworks.com/. It will save you time in writing homework in college or school.

kimkimmie
on 5/6/22 4:46 am - Jacksonville, FL

Thank you!! I have an appointment towards the end of June to get some more info. I plan to try to do better with diet & adding in activity is a must that I have to start doing.

~Kim 

***I was at 27 pounds lost on the day of surgery -- the loss shown on ticker includes my pre-op weight loss***
Most Active