A C.’s Posts

A C.
on 6/12/18 9:38 am
Topic: RE: Want Lap Band Removed!!

Hi it's been years since I posted here...

Long story short I had my lap band surgery in 2008 - never been very successful...had fills, unfills, tried many different things, I've thrown up and sip up for years and honestly I'm just tired of it!! I cant get eat solids a lot of times...even when I drink something hot. It's not worth the struggle....

Anyway, just wondering if anyone here is in the same situation? I am NOT knocking this surgery - it just has not worked for me!

My insurance no longer covers weight loss surgery so I'll be a self pay to have it removed. I live in Georgia and would love to hear from anyone in area that could recommend their surgeon.

Thank you all in advance

A C.
on 3/17/08 11:57 pm
Topic: RE: a question about cosmetic surgery
Oh I'm sorry you woke up and had to go thru that!!! I bet  you do love them....I'm sure I will...I am very excited!!!  OK, I'll ask....maybe I will not have the tube afterall...that would be wondeful!! I just know I am having surgery at 1:00 which means I can't eat or drink anything and I wondered how they could get a tube down my throat because I'll be really tight!! Thanks again!
A C.
on 3/17/08 11:22 pm
Topic: RE: a question about cosmetic surgery

hello everyone, After many years of wanting one, I am having a breast lift in April!! I am SOOO excited!!! My question is about being put to sleep....have any of you had surger which required a tube down your throat? This may sound like a stupid question but I just wasn't sure about it... I've not had a reason to inquire about this since my lap band surgery but now I do!  Any advise or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!  Thanks in advance! Ann

A C.
on 2/5/08 10:58 pm
Topic: RE: It's Wednesday, it's time! B*TCHFest!

I really need this today…..

I’m PISSED that I feel like a failure since I can’t seem to get my a$$ in gear and lose some weight!!

I’m even more PISSED that my husband told me on Saturday that my surgery was a waste of money and that he hated the fact that I was STILL so heavy!!!!! I'd love some feed back on this one...

I too would love to have a job where someone actually acted like I exist!  

A C.
on 1/31/08 2:46 am
Topic: RE: Seeking suggestions or help PLEASE

First I’d like to say congrats to all of you who have been so successful with your band. I’ve been banded about 16 months and I haven’t been successful at all!  Sometimes I wonder if I just don’t fully understand the whole band thing!       I’ve had sever fills & unfills too. I’ve been too lose, too tight, but never just right. I get stuck, BP, slime, etc.

Some days I can eat almost what ever I want and some days I can’t get much down. I feel like a complete failure and I hate the way I’m feeling. All in all I’m only down about 25 pounds from my highest weight!!

Don’t get me wrong, I know I need to find time to exercise more! Let’s face it, if I have all the motivation to exercise like I should I wouldn’t had the band to start with!

I can’t stand the thought of going back to my surgeon (who I really like) because since I’m gaining, and lot losing at all, he’ll tell me I need a fill. I don’t think I need a fill considering how much I slime!  

I have about 2.5 in my 4cc band. I am able to eat more in the evenings and I’m usually really tight in the mornings, like most of you. I also don’t think I’m too tight.

For example, today at lunch I tried eating a piece of grilled chicken, after 3 bites I was stuck and sliming. I’ve heard some people say chicken gives the trouble as far as getting stuck but it usually works best for me. I’m thinking I should start having a smoothie for lunch and eat only one meal a day….is that the answer?

I’m just so frustrated         I thought I’d turn to the board for some suggestions, ideas, etc.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!
A C.
on 6/22/07 6:59 am
Topic: RE: SWTLV bug31
I have SOOOOOO missed you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please stay with us - we need you!!! :) hugs, AC
A C.
on 6/7/07 12:41 am
Topic: RE: Where's Wendell?
Don't worry...he'll be back...this is normal for him...he comes & goes...
A C.
on 6/7/07 12:37 am
Topic: RE: Wendell

Don't worry...he'll be back...this is normal for him....he comes & goes...

A C.
on 5/20/07 10:30 am
Topic: RE: phentermine and lap band
Hi, I can't wait to see the replies you get because I'd love to take Phentermine too! I am 7 months out but haven't lost any weight in about 6 weeks....I'd love to take it for a "boost" if you know what I mean! I'm sure some will flame us  but I still feel this way.... You will start to lose, I felt the same way as you. I think most of us lose, then it stalls, which is where I am now. Good luck to you!!!!  AC
A C.
on 5/16/07 8:12 am
Topic: RE: WAIT!!! What happened to Nancy and Sandy??

I know...I was thinking the same thing!!!!!  There are a lot of people who all of a sudden don't post anymore....sad to me! It's a shame some of the folks who are so knowledgeable & helpful have disappeared!!  

A C.
on 5/10/07 5:08 am
Topic: RE: Kidney infection?

Poor thing...I'm sorry!!   I'm 7 months out and I have an UTI...OUCH! I'm taking Cipro...big pills...I break them and take them with a lot of water! I hope you feel better soon....they are SO painful! Good Luck, AC

A C.
on 5/9/07 6:22 am
Topic: RE: OCT/NOV 2006 Bandsters... How many fills have you had?

Hi Lisa, I was banded on October 3rd, I've had 3 fills and 1 unfill.... First fill at 6 weeks out, 1.5cc second fill at 10 weeks out, another 1 cc for a total of 2.5cc third fill about 15 weeks out, another 1cc for a total of 3.5cc but the next day I went for a slight unfill so now I'm at about 3 - 3.25cc's in my 4cc band.. It's funny how we're all SO different....some say they would be way too tight at 3.25 but I am fine...usually very tight for the first few hours in the morning....pretty good restriction althought some days I think I could eat a horse!! I'm a slow loser too, I feel. Some days it's a challange to be positive and stay focused. Good luck!!! AC

A C.
on 5/4/07 11:23 am
Topic: RE: 7 MONTHS POST-OP
Hi Suggah, my band sister!! Girl I am SO proud of you!!! We had surgery on the same day and you're running off and leaving me!!! GO GIRL, GO!!!!  I'm behind you, just getting to the finish line much slower! I'm so glad all is well and you've lost so much weight!!! You deserve to be happy & you should be very proud of your self. Can you believe it's already been 7 months?!?!?! Seems unreal at times doesn't it? I miss seeing you on the borads! Keep in touch. SOOOO proud of you, keep it up!!  hugs, Ann
A C.
on 5/2/07 8:12 am
Topic: RE: I am soooooo depressed.....Got to vent.. Sorry..
I'm so sorry your depressed! I hope you feel better soon! We all love your post! I personally think that people have to learn to avoid the drama instead of jumping in the middle of it.... This is a board for support, to ask questions, etc....not a soap opera board. If some one makes a post or says something that we don't like, ignore it and move on....I wouldn't let anyone run me off! We just have to let things go....don't leave a board you love for anyone else! If you want to be a part of the board, be a part of the board. Don't let anyone have that much control over you! For those of you still posting, I love it and I always learn something or get good advise from here. hugs, AC
A C.
on 5/2/07 8:03 am
Topic: RE: For those wanting to keep in touch with Bridget S.
Thanks so much for trying to keep our board together! I don't post much but I read everyday!! I can't believe how many people have left the borads just in the last few months! What is going on? Did I miss something?!?!? Thanks again! AC
A C.
on 4/30/07 10:59 am
Topic: RE: Where is SANDY????

Just wondering if anyone knows where Sandy is.... Sandy R I think... I really miss her posts!! AC

A C.
on 4/9/07 10:26 am
Topic: RE: Maybe the second time around is better.....

This is a repost from earlier today. Since I only got one response out of 155 views, I thought I'd try again.... Hello Everyone,

I’m writing today for advise, opinions, and suggestions. After all, this board is for support, right?

I was banded 10-03-06, I’ve lost about 40 pounds so far and I’ve had 4 fills.

My problem is that I am very frustrated because of how SLOWWWWW I am losing.

Now don’t get me wrong, I am thankful for the 40 I’ve lost and very thankful for my band but I feel like it’s such a struggle and maybe it’s because of something I’m doing or not doing. I've only lost like 2 pounds in the last 6 weeks!!

I’m trying to be positive and stay focused but it’s getting really hard….

I don’t think I need another fill at this time. I am currently at 3.25cc’s in my 4cc band. It’s weird, some days I feel like I could eat a horse but some days I am so tight ****il the evening) that I can’t eat solid foods. I know stress affects our band so maybe that’s why I’m a lot tighter on some days then others.

I am going to the gym at least 3 times a week. I know it wouldn’t hurt to increase that!!!

I just feel like with all of the changes (for the better) I’ve made in my diet and the exercising, I should have lost more by now or at least be losing each week.

I am always careful to get in my protein each day and drink LOTS of water. The one thing that I do, which I know doesn’t help is that I drink a glass of sweet tea almost everyday. That’s one habit I haven’t broken!!

Has anyone else felt like this or had the same experience? I appreciate any suggestions or advise.  

Thanks!!

AC

A C.
on 4/9/07 2:40 am
Topic: RE: suggestions needed please - I'm struggling!!!!!
Hey Girl!!! It's great to hear from you! And by the way, you are doing GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up!! Yes, I'd love to get together! I'll send you a PM soon. :) hugs, Ann
A C.
on 4/9/07 2:20 am
Topic: RE: suggestions needed please - I'm struggling!!!!!

Hello Everyone,

I’m writing today for advise, opinions, and suggestions. After all, this board is for support, right?

I was banded 10-03-06, I’ve lost about 40 pounds so far and I’ve had 4 fills.

My problem is that I am very frustrated because of how SLOWWWWW I am losing.

Now don’t get me wrong, I am thankful for the 40 I’ve lost and very thankful for my band but I feel like it’s such a struggle and maybe it’s because of something I’m doing or not doing. I've only lost like 2 pounds in the last 6 weeks!!

I’m trying to be positive and stay focused but it’s getting really hard….

I don’t think I need another fill at this time. I am currently at 3.25cc’s in my 4cc band. It’s weird, some days I feel like I could eat a horse but some days I am so tight ****il the evening) that I can’t eat solid foods. I know stress affects our band so maybe that’s why I’m a lot tighter on some days then others.

I am going to the gym at least 3 times a week. I know it wouldn’t hurt to increase that!!!

I just feel like with all of the changes (for the better) I’ve made in my diet and the exercising, I should have lost more by now or at least be losing each week.

I am always careful to get in my protein each day and drink LOTS of water. The one thing that I do, which I know doesn’t help is that I drink a glass of sweet tea almost everyday. That’s one habit I haven’t broken!!

Has anyone else felt like this or had the same experience? I appreciate any suggestions or advise.  

Thanks!!

AC

A C.
on 3/31/07 9:48 am
Topic: RE: Leg Pain
Hi, PLEASE call your doctor right NOW!!! You can never be too safe! I have a history of blood clots so please call NOW! Call the doctor that's on call at your doctors office. Good luck to you!! AC
A C.
on 3/31/07 9:44 am
Topic: RE: restriction question
Hi Everyone, For some reason, some days I am SO tight and others I am fine. I had my last fill about 3 weeks ago, I'm at 3.25cc's in my 4cc band. Today I am so tight I can only drink liquids. This morning I ate 2 bites of scrambled eggs but that's all I could eat. I had the "stuck" feeling for a few minutes. For lunch I had one bite of chicken and felt the "stuck" feeling again. I am always too tight to eat when I first get up. Usually around lunch time I can eat with no problems. I know how stress can affect our bands but I'm not stressed so that couldn't be the problem. One day last week I was the same way, couldn't get anything down. It's just strange to me how some days I'm prefectly fine then all of a sudden I'm really tight. Is it pretty normal to be tighter some days and not the others? I just wanted to get your suggestions & advice. Thanks in advance! AC
A C.
on 3/9/07 1:41 am
Topic: RE: slight unfill today.....thankfully!!!

Hi Everyone, Yesterday I had my 4th fill....last night I was so tight I couldn't ever drink water. I sat up all night on the sofa trying to get some      rest. I couldn't lay down because I felt like I would get sick I did.... Prior to this fill, I had never felt my fills instantly but I did this one. I gave it some time because I thought it was due to the swelling and fact that I wasn't used to being so tight.  After not being able to drink water without sliming and choacking I knew a sight unfill was a must!  There is such a fine line between being "too tight" and "just right" It's amazing the difference just a little saline will make. For those of you who thought you could never get enough, trust me, you can get way too much. I was miserable and now I feel SO much better!!!! Just thougth I'd share my experienc with being over filled..... AC

A C.
on 3/8/07 5:16 am
Topic: RE: 4th fill - am I too tight?
Hi Naomi, Thanks so much for the quick reply. I've not felt my first three fills instantly like I have this one. I can swallow my spit but I am burping almost non stop..... I think I'll be calling my doctor for any unfill in the morning if things don't change. You look great! Keep up the good work!! Thanks again! Ann
A C.
on 3/8/07 4:33 am
Topic: RE: 4th fill - am I too tight?
Hi All, I just had my forth fill...he added .5cc's for a total of 4.25cc's in my 4cc band. Up to this point, I've not had any problems, not felt to tight, and thankfully I've never thrown up. I am losing very slow with no weight loss in the past two weeks.  SO.......today I went for my check up and he thought I needed a "tweak" and gave me a small fill.... My question is (for those who have experienced this) Could I be too tight? I know it's hard to really tell until you start eating solid food again but when I drink water I can feel pressure. I instantly feel like I need to burp. Is this because I'm not used to being this tight or because of the swelling or am I just too tight? I'm not asking for medical advise here....just your thoughts and opinions. Thanks in advance!  AC
A C.
on 3/7/07 1:43 am
Topic: RE: suddenly very tight for two days now

Hello All, I had my last fill on 2-1-07 and all of a sudden for the past two days I am REALLY tight!!! I know sometimes it takes a few weeks for our fills to kick in but it's been well over a month?!?!? Have any of you experienced this? What could be the cause?  Thanks in advance for your suggestions. AC

Most Active