lynnm2020’s Posts

lynnm2020
on 1/21/19 11:05 am
Topic: RE: lap band problems

That's exactly what I'm fearful of, gaining back the 140 pds I lost. The doctor told me the same thing, remove lap band and MAYBE put in gastric sleeve, but I don't think my insurance will cover it. 20k self pay which I can't afford. Thanks for your reply and good luck

lynnm2020
on 11/14/18 9:50 am
Topic: RE: lap band problems

Help! I had my lap band 14 yrs ago with much success. I went to a different doctor 6 wks ago to have it deflated and that evening I started swelling and was constipated. I should of known something was wrong when he used a huge syringe to deflate it instead of the smaller one my regular doctor uses which caused an open wound. I ended up going to Urgent Care, ER then admitted to the hospital overnight where they did an EGD, x-ray, sonogram saying that my band wasn't obstructed. Immediately I started gaining weight (the next day after deflation), within 2 wks I gained 30 pds and 6 inches in my stomach. I have since gone back to my regular lap band doctor and inflated it back to where it was. Still am swollen and 30 pds heavier. HELP, getting so depressed, hate to look at myself in the mirror. Has this happened to anyone out there?

Most Active