Dr Bernard Bennedetto??

cpower100
on 10/4/14 5:43 pm

Hi, I have been going to MGH weight center since first appointment but due to a recent issue it is possible that I may need to leave MGH and see Dr. Bennedetto at Salem Hospital.  This is not my first choice. I would like to continue on at MGH but not sure if it is going to be possible.  Has anyone had experience with Dr. Bennedetto?  Can you share experiences?

DJJenna
on 10/4/14 10:08 pm

I'm scheduled for VSG with Dr. B. on 10/15. I did research on multiple programs and procedures before choosing Salem Hospital. Before the seminar I read and heard mixed reviews about Dr. B. After meeting him at the seminar I knew he would be my surgeon. He is a straight forward guy and will tell you like it is. He will answer every question you have. Something else that is important to me, he has a sense of humor. I made me laugh a little and chuckled at my nervous jokes. With all that being said, I've heard nothing but great things about Dr. Rivera. The program staff and everyone I saw during the pre op required appointments are fantastic. I believe you will be in good hands with either surgeon in this program. I know I am with Dr. B. I hope this helped! Good luck!

cpower100
on 10/4/14 10:21 pm

Yes, thank you.  I have been working with MGH in Boston all along with RNY scheduled for tomorrow.  Last week at final visit with surgeon one thing came up and he cancelled surgery pending more testing.  My GI dr who I like very much and have been seeing for a long time, has suggested that if things fall through with MGH that he would like me to see Dr.  Benedetto. When I read reviews they were very mixed and I am trying to figure out why.  DJ Jenna, you said you researched other programs too.  Which ones and why did you ultimately choose Salem?  Any additional feedback on your process would be great. Thank you!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 601 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2170 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4354 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4481 views