Hello fellow MA Folks!

Tara R.
on 1/27/15 4:24 am - Billerica, MA

Hi everyone! I just thought I'd post to say hello, introduce myself and reintegrate myself into the OH forums.

I am 6 years out from my laproscopic roux-en-Y. It was done by Wareham Surgical Associates at Tobey Hospital in Wareham. I've since moved up to Billerica and have been looking for an active support group but haven't found anything within my availability yet.

I used my post-op journey to take myself to the next level. I left behind my food addiction and fell face-first into an unhealthy addiction to the gym which I overcame by taking more control of my workout thought-process and educating myself to the fitness world. I now am in the process of working to be a certified personal trainer (on top of my full-time profession which makes it a long LONG process) but have also started coaching folks. My goal and hope is to spend my efforts helping other post-ops that are looking for where to start, what's good for them, looking for something new or... just needing a friend to be supportive. Even with a great support system like I had in the Tobey program, I still feel like fitness is the one area where there's just  not enough coaching... I wonder if others have had different experiences with other programs locally?

So... that's my and my mini-intro. Hope to get to know some folks in our area!

-= Tara =-

Mary Gee
on 2/1/15 3:10 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14
Hi Tara - good to see you. Unfortunately, the State boards are not very active, so you're probably better off posting on the main boards. You seem to be doing great. I had surgery 5/14/14 and seem to be struggling a bit lately, working to get back to basics! I must do this riight... I have been dealing with some health issues, and helping my SO deal with some serous health issues also. But, I am going to make this WLS work for me. So hope things continue to go well for you! Mary

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Tara R.
on 2/1/15 8:34 pm - Billerica, MA

Sounds like you have the perfect attitude for success :) Health issues are challenging but you've got the positive attitude on which is helpful and shows the people around you just how strong you are :-D

Thanks for the head's up on the state board. It's really a shame it's not more active. I think it would be a great place to start forming local groups and the like. I shall prowl some today :)

(deactivated member)
on 5/1/15 3:06 am

HI.  I am 3 years out from RNY (Sept 2011) and down 120 lbs.  I am hosting an event for my cousin Kara, author of the book Gorge, in Dedham MA on June 12th.  It'll feature a reading, workout w/Kara (or just cheer her on), healthy food/beverage vendors passing out free samples, and it all benefits St Francis House in Boston.  You should come!  

https://www.facebook.com/events/558449334297621/

PUGGLESPUPS
on 9/17/15 2:32 pm - MA

Hi Tara, i'm new to this and in the early stages.. I'm looking into South Coast , Tobey as well..  the sleeve. How was your experience there?  thank you.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 604 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2175 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4360 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4486 views