Low carb foods..???

Kokonut
on 4/20/11 11:59 pm
Why do all the low carb food have to have either nuts in them, soy protein, soy flour or some other freakin weird ingredient I can't have unless I want to stop breathing? WTH??? All this girl wants is a low carb freaking pancake..but NOOOOOOOO all the mixes have soy flour!

This is so frustrating to me..had to vent!
Highest Weight Ever:312 StartW:272 CW:164 SW:253 GW:180  Height 5'10"

Michelle_2975
on 4/21/11 12:38 am, edited 4/21/11 12:39 am - Canada
Hope this helps.

Cottage Cheese Pancakes - FAST
These are delicious; warm and cheesy, with bits of fried onion! Surprisingly good, given that the recipe contains just five ingredients. Double or triple this recipe too make enough for the family as everyone will love these! Bake rounds of pancetta (Italian cured bacon) on a baking sheet for ten minutes, until crisp to serve with the pancakes for a tasty brunch.

1/2 medium onion, chopped
2 tablespoons butter
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 eggs
1 cup cottage cheese
3 tablespoons flour
Vegetable cooking spray
Sauté onion in the butter until golden and season with salt and pepper. In a small bowl combine egg, cottage cheese, flour, salt and pepper, and cooked onion mixture. Spray nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray. For each pancake scoop 2 tablespoons of batter into skillet, and coax into 3 inch round. Coo****il undersides are golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip and coo****il pancakes are cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer to a baking sheet and keep warm in oven.

Makes 8 four inch pancakes
Per pancake, calories 82 Fat 5gr, Carbs 4gr, Protein 6g
Kokonut
on 4/21/11 12:56 am
Ohhhh I heart you Michelle!!! I am going to go pick up some cottage cheese and onions TODAY!

Now do you have a sweet traditional type recipe?..LOL

Tanya W.
on 4/21/11 3:57 am - Winnipeg, Canada
Why not just try a regular pancake? I do. 
I have a pancake breakfast about once a month.
I can only eat one pancake with a little bit of syrup, but it is a nice treat!

Am I bad? 

Tanya

Kokonut
on 4/21/11 4:08 am
I wish I could but it either makes me really sleepy, or wakes up the carb monster and I want to eat them everyday..LOL I guess the weekend would be a good time to try them..so that if I need to laze around all day I can  Maybe this weekend since it's Easter...hahaha

Ms Shell
on 4/21/11 7:43 am - Hawthorne, CA
Try this http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cottage-Cheese-Pancakes/Detail. aspx I adjusted the amounts to just 2 servings

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Kokonut
on 4/26/11 2:01 am
Ok Michelle I made these pancakes! OMG they are sooooo good! I am sure I can make a sweet version too :) Just omit the onions,pepper and add a bit of splenda.

YUMMY! I know my kids and hubby will eat these too. I need a full griddle so I can make more at once. Thanks for sharing!

Most Active