MY FIRST VIDEO and VLOG

nickola1
on 5/27/11 11:44 pm - Riverview, Canada
 Hello everyone, I created a video and Youtube account to share my journey and would love for you to have a peek, comment, etc.  It is the start of many new and fun uploads so please make me your favourite and keep in touch!  

http://youtu.be/deF2erXqZCo

(deactivated member)
on 5/29/11 8:33 am - Winnipeg, Canada
HI there!!!

I wish you all the best in this journey..

I peeked at the youtube, nicely done!..I look forward to more.

I admire the courage it takes to publicly put yourself out there..

for me, I would rather hide away, and pretend I am not here...

one day, perhaps..

good luck in it all!

nickola1
on 5/29/11 11:14 am - Riverview, Canada
 Hi there Karen, 

Thank you so much for your support, it means a lot!   Yeah that was my first of many videos to come so would love to have you follow along.  Something a little different.  Thank you for also noticing the courage cause to be quite honest, I have completely secluded myself from so many events and social media over the years due to my weight problem.  And now to the extreme other side, I am putting it all out there.  My big challenge is the follow up video to that introduction that I am doing of me now.  It finally shows what I look like right now and it's hard to do but I'm going to do it.  It is some sense is very therapeutic for me.  

Anyway, thanks again for your support!

Chris 

Mrs.Jackatar
on 5/29/11 9:28 am - Pine Falls, Canada
You are a very good looking lad!!!!! I am sure you are going to succeed.  Where and when are you having your surgery? I wish you all the best with your journey!  It certainly has been quite the trip for me.  I have been very blessed!
Cheers!

Sherry
HW 300 CW 294 DAY OF SURG WEIGHT 267 Height  5'2.5
NUT Goal 180   My Goal  150

nickola1
on 5/29/11 11:11 am - Riverview, Canada
 Well thank you that is very kind!  You are quite an attractive young lady I must say!  

The first step of my surgery starts on June 15th of this year, whereby I must attend a 4 hour seminar/clinic amongst 59 other candidates.  It's an info session generally speaking.  But in order to be chosen for this session, one must be evaluated, based on their clinical predicaments and co-morbities, in order of need.  So after that, I will then proceed to Step 2 within 6 months or near the end of it.  Step 2 is a one on one with the obesity clinic team including the surgeon.  It is the final session whereby they decide if you can withstand the surgery.  Step 3 is soon thereafter where one is given their surgery date.  Usually within a few weeks as long as the blood work is good! 

What surgery did you have done?  Glad to hear you feel blessed.  I too am looking forward to that sentiment. 

Thanks for your support!

Chris

Mrs.Jackatar
on 5/29/11 12:14 pm - Pine Falls, Canada

The process that you speak of, sounds very USA healthcare'ish.  Wow, lots of hoops!  Do you have co-morbities?  Do you have to go through a Psychological evaluation as well?  I hope you are one of the successful candidates.  It is truly amazing to have the gift of WLS. 
I had the VSG.  I had the option of RNY.  I didn't have any co-morbidities and I did my research and thought VSG was best suited for me.  The program in Manitoba has been absolutely wonderful.  The surgery was virtually a breeze!  I also had my gallbladder removed at the same time.  Post op I suffered a wee bit with GERD and had esophageal erosion.  Through trial and error, found the right PPI combination and life is good!!! I have so much energy!  I am doing things I haven't done in 15 years.  For the first time in my life I LIKE EXERCISE!!!! 
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask! Congratulations on taking the first step! Well good luck and God Bless! 

Sherry
HW 300 CW 294 DAY OF SURG WEIGHT 267 Height  5'2.5
NUT Goal 180   My Goal  150

Most Active