Water in..helps the bowels get stuff out...

Kokonut
on 6/10/11 1:41 am
Ok so this may be TMI for some of you, but I feel like I need to share this.

Constipation SUCKS!! I have dealt with it since surgery and I can tell you that for the past week or two..NO MORE PROBLEMS! I am positive it's because I am getting A LOT of water in. Finally. I bought  Contigo water bottles from Costco. 3 for about $20. They hold 25oz each. I drink for sure 2 of those for 50oz(sometimes all 3), plus my protein shake which is another 8-16 oz depending on what I am doing that day. I am now able to chug a good amount of water too. I was worried about that with summer approaching, figured I would get dehydrated and end up with stinkin' kidney stones or something... I am a water lover, not big on juice, tea or coffee. I also drink Crystal Light when I just want something different.....or a lower-carb Margarita...but that's another post/story. LOL

I still do not drink when I eat.. there is NO room and would likely puke my guts out and I HATE PUKING! The thing that helped me to get my water in is deadlines. For example, I must have one bottle of water down by noon. Pretty easy to do when I am on the bike in the morning. The second bottle has to be done by dinner time(5-6pm-ish) Also I like cold water, so I fill those suckers up and stick them in the fridge. When one is empty, I give it a quick wash/rinse and refill. I also still follow the no drink after food for 30mins+ so timing is indeed important to me.

I hope this gives hope to the fresh post-ops! Just keep sipping, just keep sipping, just keep sipping sipping sipping( said to the tune of Dory's "just keep swimming" song in Finding Nemo)
Highest Weight Ever:312 StartW:272 CW:164 SW:253 GW:180  Height 5'10"

Sista10
on 6/11/11 12:10 am - Winnipeg, Canada
Those bottles are great, except my daughter claimed one, and they were to girlie for my son, thank goodness, so I have 2 for me, lol.
I am starting to work with time lines, a bottle of water and half my protien before lunch. I think it really helps.
I haven't had the constipation problem yet, but if I do I will for sure up my water intake, thanks
Linds_littleblackdress
on 6/11/11 3:20 am - calgary, Canada
 Hey Kokonut :)

I LOVE my contigo water bottles, they make drinking fun for me!
Constipation wasn't something I suffered from until a few months ago, the first few months out of surgery I had the opposite problem where my BM's were sometimes too loose, now I have bouts of constipation and yes it sucks soo much!!!

Congrats on your weight loss! looks like you're doing awesome :)

Keep it up!

Linds

hw 296 pow 286 sw 265    height 5'5   Lowest weight after surgery 159 current weight 181

Kokonut
on 6/11/11 10:55 am
Hey Linds!! I am feeling awesome too! I bet you are as well having lost over 100 lbs!!!

I mean really though..this whole poop thing can get really annoying to deal with LOL I noticed that I get more easily constipated the week and a half before my period. The Contigo bottles make it much easier to just get the water in at that time. Thank Goodness!
Highest Weight Ever:312 StartW:272 CW:164 SW:253 GW:180  Height 5'10"

(deactivated member)
on 6/12/11 6:02 am - Canada
Great post! Thanks for the info I'll be getting myself some of those handy water bottles next time I'm in Wpg. I drink lots of water too and can actually chug a fair amount at one time. I love my crystal lite pink lemonade in the afternoon. Water keeps the plumbing in tact all the way round. ~cheryl
Most Active