One Year Surgiversary!!! sorta long..

Kokonut
on 11/28/11 10:56 pm
Yep people it's been a whole year!! So much has changed!! It all started with my butt getting smaller and having to adjust the seat in the van, much to my husbands dismay. We never had to have different settings. He's taller but I had more padding..LOL Poor him huh?..NOT!!

OK seriously though, it's been one WILD ride! I would totally do it over again in a heartbeat!! I have lost over 100lbs since surgery and 140lbs from highest weight. I  mean that's a whole friggen person!! CRAZY! I still have 'fat days" which is really funny to me. I go stand in front of the mirror and hold up an old pair of jeans to remind myself that I am in fact, not fat anymore!

My parents haven't seen me since Christmas last year other than some photos on facebook here and there. I hope I don't kill my mom when she sees me.  She was soooo worried when I told her AFTER my surgery. She knows I've been at goal since 7.5 mos out, but I have lost a bit more since then and now with working out..whew! I'm feeling awesome!

People keep coming up to my husband and asking him how he likes his new wife?..he tells them I liked her just fine before, but now she likes herself too, which pretty much rocks! I LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT MAN!

I eat everything, but protein is king in my belly! I have no problem getting all my water in daily or my protein. My whole family eats better because of the food choices I make when shopping now. I am teaching my kids to understand their food choices. It's good for them since they have my genes too. I have 2 daughters and so hope and pray PCOS isn't ever an issue for them like it has been for me.

Hair is growing back..it's really shiny too..oh wait, that might be white hairs...not shininess..LOL My entire wardrobe is new, thankfully much of it was preloved and shared with me. I still feel like an impostor in certain stores..but I sure like shopping again. I'm not nutty about it though, I reserve that for sewing! Less food= more sewing for me..who knew?? LOL

I RUN after my kids and the dog..I RUN up the stairs..and I bike 10 miles 5 days a week and do yoga 2-3 a week. Throw in a few weights when I feel like freezing my butt off in the garage( too lazy to turn the furnace on in there) and that's my workout. Don't need much.

I still only count carbs and protein...avoid high sugars and go moderate on the fat. If I go low fat..my knees creak! Creaky knees over extra weight and still have creaky knees...yep, I'm a happy camper.

So here's to a HEALTHY new lifestyle!!
Highest Weight Ever:312 StartW:272 CW:164 SW:253 GW:180  Height 5'10"

grneyedgrl75
on 11/28/11 11:08 pm - Canada
Happy 1 year!!!  you go girl!!! It made me smile and laugh when I read this post, so happy for you!! Can't wait til i'm a legit part of the loser gang!!

Keep up the great work you're doing!! you're an inspiration to us all!!

Nicole

Kokonut
on 11/29/11 10:36 pm
Thanks Nicole!! I know when I was waiting it was soooooo ANNOYING...LOL But oh so worth it! Soon you will one telling the stories to encourage others after you. :)

notoriousgrannyD
on 11/28/11 11:54 pm
VSG on 10/16/12

Wonderful to hear another amazing success story!  I can't wait to hit the gym as a smaller person and actually see results.  I know you mentioned a few months ago that you don't do photos so I won't beg for before and afters.   I LOVE before and afters, they are so inspiring, apparently they are worth 1000 words, but that could be just a rumor. 

I hope you don't mind me asking but how is the skin?  did it tighten up as you went along?  We are at about the same weights pre op so I am curious.  I always wish I knew what everyone looked like but since I can't get to any M & Gs in the forseeable future, everyone just looks like cartoon characters in my head.........lol

Way to go, I hope we keep hearing from you....

NGD

Kokonut
on 11/29/11 10:41 pm
NGD!!! how ya doing girl?? My skin is't horrible, but it's not great either. To be honest, I DON'T GIVE A RIP! Seriously. if anyone looking at me were to make a comment about flabbiness or anything, they better run MUCH faster than me or they wil earn themselves a beating..LOL

I will look into plastics after I have ONE MORE BABY!...LOL Working out helps a LOT with tightening and filling up with muscle. I told my hubby, if I have to fill all my empty saggy skin with muscles, so be it. He laughed, and said maybe you can be my personal trainer again. We met in a GYM of all places and I pointed out his crapy form and whipped him into even better shape than he had been in. He was a douwnhill moutain bike racer...

I would much rather jiggle in smaller clothes  than be a solid lump of fat like I was before.

Michelle_2975
on 11/29/11 12:11 am - Canada
One years already? Wow, time sure goes fast. I am glad that you are doing great and I look forward to seeing you again.
Mich
Kokonut
on 11/29/11 10:41 pm
We gotta hang girl! for real!!! :) it won't be long before you are at one year too!! what a ride hey?

charleenc
on 11/29/11 2:43 am - Canada
Congrats on the one year.  Glad you shared your story with us.  It's people like you that inspire us all. 

Kokonut
on 11/29/11 10:43 pm
Thanks so much Charleen!! Look at you though, one month down into your new life. It's soooo awesome!! Enjoy the ride, I know I did.

Mrs.Jackatar
on 11/29/11 6:59 am - Pine Falls, Canada

CONGRATULATIONS!!! 
One year later.......... Amazing.  You sound so happy.  We have been given a second chance.  How fortunate are we???  Good for you for working out.  It really makes a HUGE difference. 
Heres to a healthy new lifestyle, INDEED!!!

Sherry
HW 300 CW 294 DAY OF SURG WEIGHT 267 Height  5'2.5
NUT Goal 180   My Goal  150

Most Active