MB Marathon 10k

Mrs.Jackatar
on 2/21/12 8:51 am - Pine Falls, Canada
Anyone interested in participating in the 10k walk at the MB Marathon?  In the past there was an interest in putting a team together.  Any takers? Take a look at the website and maybe we can discuss at the next M & G.

http://www.manitobamarathon.mb.ca/our-events-winnipeg-free-p ress-10k

Sherry

Let's Go Team OH.  Let us show them what we are made of. 

Sherry
HW 300 CW 294 DAY OF SURG WEIGHT 267 Height  5'2.5
NUT Goal 180   My Goal  150

charleenc
on 2/21/12 12:34 pm - Canada
 I would most likely be interested. Was going to aim to do the half but I popped my knee so haven't being running like I should.  Might have to either try to get a relay team together or do the walk. 
Wanda_G
on 2/22/12 8:15 am - Canada
I am interested, going to have to think about it and see if I could do it.  It will be 6 months after surgery.
Mrs.Jackatar
on 2/22/12 10:48 am - Pine Falls, Canada
No pressure, just something to think about.  You will be surprized what you will be able to do 6 months post op.  I was running about 5 months post op.  I started Zumba 6 weeks postop.  That got me started on my exercise kick.  I love to exercise.  It is not a chore, I actually look forward to it. 

Sherry

Tanya W.
on 2/23/12 8:19 am - Winnipeg, Canada
I can't believe that I am saying this - but count me in! (Providing the date is Ok, etc.) I have only been walking for a month, but I am really enjoying it.

Tanya

Mrs.Jackatar
on 2/23/12 9:45 am - Pine Falls, Canada
Yeah, I am so proud of you.  We can do this.  I want the media to do a story on this, so they understand how important this program is!  The more the merrier.  I would like to get Tee shirts made up too?  Do you know of a place in the city that will design and print tee's?

Sherry

charleenc
on 2/23/12 1:58 pm - Canada
 I'm in unless my knee decides to allow me to do the half. Would be great to get the media to hear our stories. I have a few friends who are graphic designers who could make something up and we could then get shirts basically anywhere and I know a few contacts through work where we could get them made up
Mrs.Jackatar
on 2/23/12 9:28 pm - Pine Falls, Canada
That is excellent.  Are you going to the next M & G?  We can discuss the fine details then.  I am so excited. 

Sherry

charleenc
on 2/23/12 10:49 pm - Canada
Hey Sherry...I'm not sure if I will make the next one but will try my best since I'd love to see everyone. 
Michelle_2975
on 2/29/12 12:32 am - Canada
If we were to do a relay, how far would I have to run?
Most Active