Isopure Protein Drink

fiddlechickpatti
on 1/21/13 4:13 am - Winnipeg, Canada
VSG on 01/16/13

Hi!  Just got home from surgery in Mexico, and am wondering if anyone has had any luck finding the Isopure Protein drink in Winnipeg.  I sent my son to GNC and they said they have never heard of it.  I'm hoping I can find it!  Thanks!!

VSG done with Dr. Ariel Ortiz, Tijuana, MX on Jan. 16, 2013.  Starting weight 301.  Lost 24 pounds pre-op.  Check out my blog here:  ChubbyU

notoriousgrannyD
on 1/21/13 5:57 am
VSG on 10/16/12

not sure about Isopure but I just had an excellent shake.  I put 1 cup of ice, I premier protein chocolate RTD and 1 scoop of click in my magic bullet - YUM!  It turned out pretty dam good.  Try PMing Rainyone, she is the protein powder queen! glad you are back, fit and healthy!

. Surgery date OCTOBER 16th    
fiddlechickpatti
on 1/21/13 6:02 am - Winnipeg, Canada
VSG on 01/16/13

Thanks!  It's the drink I'm wondering about.  They're fruity and have something like 50g of protein per bottle.  What is premier protein chocolate RTD and click?  I do have a magic bullet!  :)  Feeling quite good but feel obsessed with food.  I guess that's what the mental addiction means....

VSG done with Dr. Ariel Ortiz, Tijuana, MX on Jan. 16, 2013.  Starting weight 301.  Lost 24 pounds pre-op.  Check out my blog here:  ChubbyU

Dianne C.
on 1/21/13 9:39 am - Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
VSG on 02/06/12

Hi Patti

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2134406

If you check this online, there's a little icon below the product picture that says it ships only to U.S. customers. I suspect there's something in it that they can't sell in Canada. I've seen this on a lot of GNC products online. I've never actually ordered from them, but I've gone on the site a lot! (I went to gnc.ca and it bounced me to .com anyway.)

Dianne           
HW 270 (Sept 2011); surgery weight 236 (Feb 6, 2012); current 167 (103 lb lost); goal set by nutritionist 148 (ha ha!!). Vertical sleeve gastrectomy at Obesity Control Center (Dr. Ariel Ortiz), Tijuana, MX. Self-pay, self-referral, 4-week wait. Abdominoplasty Aug 10, 2013 (Dr. K. Dolynchuk, Winnipeg - self-pay)

fiddlechickpatti
on 1/21/13 9:52 am - Winnipeg, Canada
VSG on 01/16/13

These are the drinks I'm talking about.  http://www.theisopurecompany.com/en/drinks

They were really yummy, except for the gooey, snotty protein bits that come back to the roof of the mouth.  Those were gross.  They had them in Mexico and in San Diego, but not here.  That's okay though....I've discovered the protein smoothies at Safeway....Boathouse I think?

Dianne C.
on 1/21/13 10:03 am - Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
VSG on 02/06/12

Oh, those look great! I never saw them when I was there, which is probably just as well if we can't get them here. It figures. That's so not fair. They look like juice. I will have to check out Safeway. Are they on the shelf or in the refrigerated section? And do they cost a small fortune?! LOL.

Oh, the Premier Protein Shakes Granny mentioned are advertised at the bottom of this page.  They are "ready to drink" (RTD) shakes. They sell them at Costco. They're kinda like a chocolate shake. They come in a box of 18 for around $27. They only have chocolate flavour, unfortunately. Click is a coffee-flavoured protein powder. You have to order it from the States. I've never tried it, but nearly everyone else on here has. I believe it has caffeine in it, too.

Dianne           
HW 270 (Sept 2011); surgery weight 236 (Feb 6, 2012); current 167 (103 lb lost); goal set by nutritionist 148 (ha ha!!). Vertical sleeve gastrectomy at Obesity Control Center (Dr. Ariel Ortiz), Tijuana, MX. Self-pay, self-referral, 4-week wait. Abdominoplasty Aug 10, 2013 (Dr. K. Dolynchuk, Winnipeg - self-pay)

notoriousgrannyD
on 1/21/13 10:54 am
VSG on 10/16/12

Premier Protein shakes are ready to drink (RTD) and are available at Costco, they come in a little tetra pack and I like them blended up with ice and add things like 1/2 a frozen banana, a scoop of peanut butter or some mint extract.  Click is a powdered protein coffee mix (think International Coffee mixes in the little tins) This is pretty good hot or cold (I like all my shakes blended up with ice, like a slushie)   I wish I could find some Vanilla ones (I have lots of Vanilla powder, but it doesn't't give me the same  consistency)  I also freeze leftover coffee and use that in my shakes for flavoring.

Get used to being obsessed with food, are you on My Fitness Pal?  It's really really good for tracking what you are doing with food, water and exercise, it's my obsession.  I assume that the further a person gets from surgery and life gets back to normal (I'm thinking maintenance phase)

Don't be surprised by how much you will miss your comfort foods, that's normal and difficult, no matter how prepared you are.  It may not happen in the first few days or weeks, but it will happen and is frustrating, but you will get through it

. Surgery date OCTOBER 16th    
Snow_White_39
on 1/21/13 12:04 pm - Winnipeg, Canada
VSG on 04/30/12

I tried to find Isopure everywhere in Winnipeg and everywhere I went they all looked at me like I had 2 heads. So GNC does have a clear protein powder (at least, my surgeon told me to use a "clear" protein powder - that I could see through when mixed -  for my first 2 weeks' worth of drinks). I think it was mango or orange flavour or something. It sounded better than it tasted but at least it got me through. I think this is the link to the newest version of it: http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2190681

I had also ordered Syntrax Nectar which is also clear and the flavours are really good but it does take a while to arrive by mail. I ordered the sample flavor pack from http://www6.netrition.com/syntrax_nectar_page.html but the manufacturer is http://www.si03.com/reg_index.htm

If you're off the clear phase, the ones from Costco should be fine.

Good luck!

(deactivated member)
on 1/21/13 1:00 pm

the isopure is gross.i have some here if you want.i bought them at safeway.i will not drink them.this one tastes like medicine

RockyRitz
on 8/19/13 3:09 am - CA
I totally agree the isopure is nasty! I found something better only it's so great that when the company restocks it, it sells out in the 2lb size fairly quickly and it's usually a long wait until I can purchase again. It's MGN Pure Whey Isolate. It's got 1 carb and zero sugar per serving. 110 calories and 25g protein. Plus it tastes really good and mixes well with water. You can get it at http://www.muscleandstrength.com/store/muscle-gauge-whey-protein-isolate.html
They also have the isopure and it moght be a cheaper price than other places for those who do like it. There are product reviews and the nutritional data for each product is listed. My favorite flavor is ice cream sandwich which has little chocolate cookie bits in it, however, I haven't been sleeved yet so we'll see if my new stomach still likes it once that happens.

Hope that helps some of you.
Most Active