On to soft foods!

fiddlechickpatti
on 2/3/13 2:57 am - Winnipeg, Canada
VSG on 01/16/13

Hi!

The three longest weeks of my life are almost over!  On to soft foods next.  I'm looking for ideas and favourite things that others have eaten.  I'm really looking forward to salmon....

VSG done with Dr. Ariel Ortiz, Tijuana, MX on Jan. 16, 2013.  Starting weight 301.  Lost 24 pounds pre-op.  Check out my blog here:  ChubbyU

rainyone
on 2/3/13 7:41 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12

I liked meats cooked in the crock pot. I made chicken breast cooked in mushroom soup.  Tuna salad . Eggs are great but for some reason I was squeamish about them and still have some weird aversion to them. Chew chew chew.

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

notoriousgrannyD
on 2/3/13 11:01 am
VSG on 10/16/12

Chili in the blender..... oh the flavor!  and all the stuff Rainyone said!  make sure it's moist cuz you aren't supposed to drink while eating.

. Surgery date OCTOBER 16th    
BCwaiting
on 2/5/13 3:55 am - Canada
Start getting in your fruits and veg. You can eat applesauce, and mashed bananas. Stay away from any hard fruits like real apples, seeds or peels. Softer canned fruit is better and just ma**** down and chew good. As for veg you can have mashed veg like potatoes , sweet potato or mashed carrots or cauliflower. again, no raw veg yet or veg that has not been very well cooked and mashed. For your protein, add a tablespoon of unflavored Beneprotein into your mashed veg, along with a bit of butter so you don't taste it. Also add protein into breakfast stuff like oatmeal or cream of wheat..I added vanilla flavored . Scrambled eggs or cottage cheese is good protein too at this stage. Next you can try canned salmon or tuna. Either mix quite a bit of mayo into it or purée it with something like V8 juice which will give you protein and veg at the same time. I sometimes did that and had it hot so it was like a clam chowder for lunch. Whatever you eat, just try to add a tablespoon of plain protein into it just to up you protein. Each week gets easier as you can tolerate more variety and volume. Good luck. Barb C

referral April/2011 Weight 230 lbs.,orientation Nov 30/2011, surgeon Jan 4/2012, Psych Feb 2, Dietician March 15, physical Apr 12, Surgery VSG May 29/2012,
pre-op weight 180 lbs. ,         
Most Active