3 Year Surgiversary

Mrs.Jackatar
on 2/12/14 4:41 am - Pine Falls, Canada

Hello my fellow OH'ers. I have not fallen from the face of the earth. I am still around. I periodically check in to read the latest posts. I am about to celebrate my 3 year surgiversary! I cannot believe it. It seems like a life time ago and at the same time only yesterday. I am very proud of myself at the progress I have made. I love my life. As I read my inital entry to OH about my motivating factor and goals, I find my self very emotional. I have wanted so badly to ski or snow board with my little boy for years but because of my limitations and pride I would not subject my child and myself to that humilitation. I just returned from a school ski trip with my son's class. I DID IT! I went skiiing with my 11 year old. I am on the chair lift just crying. This was so important to me that my son and I made memories doing his most favourite thing in the world. We had an amazing time. I did very well. Even did Black Diamond runs. (prairie version of black diamond) But non the less, my boy was just glowing because his Mom did a black diamond run. That was later cancelled out when I participated in karoke with his class mates! Though I thought I rocked!!!!    LOL...

In the past 6 months I have strayed 8-10 lb up from goal weight, but that is ok. I am very aware of this and will keep it in check. I will never be 300 lbs again. I will also be active till the day I die! I still enjoy outdoor activities and found new forms of exercise that I could not even imagine myself doing, 3 years ago. As a family we are more active as well. We all enjoy winter sports and actually exercise daily, snow shoeing, skiiing and walking. I have a few more exercise goals that I want to meet. And plan on reaching those goals by year end.

I have my 3 year post op appointment on Friday. I am very excited to see Dr. Hardy. I wonder does she realize what an impact she has made in many of our lives? I hope she is as pleased with my progess as I am.

Wishing everyone all the best on your own journeys.

Sherry
HW 300 CW 294 DAY OF SURG WEIGHT 267 Height  5'2.5
NUT Goal 180   My Goal  150

manitobamike
on 2/12/14 4:46 am - Canada
VSG on 12/03/13

Congrats - looking forward to being there in three years myself!

(deactivated member)
on 2/12/14 6:19 am - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12

Hello! I'm not a regular poster over here but I happened to catch your post and I'm so happy for you and wanted to say congratulations! Stay in the good fight and keep on keepin' on.

Cara0459
on 2/12/14 8:23 am - Canada

Hi to all...I received my acceptance letter on March 3,2013...am very anxious about the surgery. I keep phoning the Center but my calls are not returned. I am hoping for surgery before a 5 year wait time as I am going to be 55 in December.  Any words of wisdom/advice... Could really use some right now...I am very anxious.

Thank You,

Cara

Mrs.Jackatar
on 2/20/14 11:28 am - Pine Falls, Canada

Congrats on your decision. Call the clinic and ask to be put on a cancellation list. Or if financially feasible go to Mexico. I wish you all the best.

Sherry

Sherry

goneforgood
on 2/12/14 7:34 am

Congrats on your life change. I am at 9 months tomorrow and am down 83 pounds. Feel great! Still have a way to go,but slowly and surely, I will make it. How long did it take you to reach your goal. and, stupid me what is CW on your timeline???? 

Mrs.Jackatar
on 2/20/14 11:30 am - Pine Falls, Canada

That is great!  83 lbs that is great. Congratulations. CW means consult weight.  =)

Sherry

TeashaLorna
on 2/14/14 10:52 pm - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

This quite the journey for sure.  I am so happy for you and glad that you are making great memories with your son. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY for you both and your family. I am just beaming to hear how wonderfully you have done. YAY!!!! Hugs!!!  You were one of the first people I talked to when I was making my decision to go and have this done. Thank you for your candid and open answers to all my questions way back then. Hugs girl and you just keep right on rock'n and maken memories.

Lorna

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Most Active