Self pay tummy tuck

Waterme27
on 1/15/15 10:08 pm

Has anyone paid for a tummy tuck? Where did you go, cost, experience ?

Dianne C.
on 1/17/15 8:17 am - Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
VSG on 02/06/12

I had a full abdominoplasty in Winnipeg by Dr. Ken Dolynchuk. It was about $10,000, but I had a bit of extra work done. A panniculectomy (removing only excess skin and fat) would be considerably cheaper, but I decided to go for broke, LOL.  The first couple of days after surgery were a bit rough, but other than that, it wasn't as bad as I initially expected. I had to have a bit of a revision a year later, but that didn't cost me any extra money.

Do you belong to the Manitoba Facebook groups? Many more people are active on there than on this forum any more. If you want to join those, you can send me your e-mail address and I'll send you an invitation. They are secret groups that no one can see (so you can't find them by searching).

Dianne           
HW 270 (Sept 2011); surgery weight 236 (Feb 6, 2012); current 167 (103 lb lost); goal set by nutritionist 148 (ha ha!!). Vertical sleeve gastrectomy at Obesity Control Center (Dr. Ariel Ortiz), Tijuana, MX. Self-pay, self-referral, 4-week wait. Abdominoplasty Aug 10, 2013 (Dr. K. Dolynchuk, Winnipeg - self-pay)

TeashaLorna
on 2/17/15 7:10 am - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

I had a full fleur de lis TT and a brachioplasty done at the same time and my total cost out of pocket was $8800.00. I went with Dr Avi Islur and he did a fantastic job.

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

emily_cc.cc
on 8/28/15 7:25 am

Hello, 

Is this doctor in Winnipeg and can you explain what a full fleur de lis TT is

thank you

Em

emily_cc.cc
on 8/28/15 7:27 am

Hello, 

Is this doctor in Winnipeg and can you explain what a full fleur de lis TT is

thank you

Em

TeashaLorna
on 8/30/15 8:19 am - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

Hi Emily

Sorry I don't go on here very much anymore. 

My Dr was Dr Islur out of the St Boniface Hopsital/Maples Surgergical Clinic. He is an awesome Dr and is really good at what he does.

A fluer de lise is A cut from the middle of your breast down to above the pubic bone and then a cute across your tummy so it looks like an upside down anchor. I believe you get your best TT that way. It tightens up some of that skin around your back.

Good luck Lorna

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Most Active