depressed

lesley Y.
on 4/3/11 12:30 pm - Delmar, MD
Hi everyone, I know its been sometime since Ive been here but most know how life is. I recently have become really down on myself and this is the only place to go. I have what my Dr calls situational depression. After my gastric bypass I have had one surgery after another and I am currently facing at least two more. I go to school on-line and take care of my family but it seems since my surgery it seems that everything is going wrong. I had dbl hernia surgery one mth oaf GB, two kids broke their arms within a mth of each other had another surgery hubby had surgery, started having heart issues now I have tachycardia, a lot of stomach pain, then another surgery, a car accident ended with a fractured neck and now they found a mass on my thyroid. So now this has me thinking WTH!!! I feel so down and alone. I feel that since my GB everything has gone wrong. Now I'm thinking of taking a semester off from school to deal with not only my other surgeries but my daughter has to have a surgery to reconstruct her ear drum. Is there hope for me? To top all of this off I have found that I put weight back on and I am so close to my gaol in less the a yr I thought I was doing so great. i don't mean to dump on you guys but it seems like home here. I didn't know where else to turn thanks for listening guys.

highest:334
current:315
surgery:322
first weight since surgery: 314

life inst about what you put into it its about what you learned from it. what have you learned from your life today?

My Macronutrient Breakdown

Daily Average for the Last 30 Days

Like this widget? Get your own at ObesityHelp.comhttp://www.obesityhelp.com/myoh/healthtracker/source,widget/">ObesityHelp.com>

SOCOCHIC1014
on 4/3/11 9:51 pm - Shady Side, MD
Do not beat yourself up. It sounds like life is just being pretty crappy for you at this time. You sound like a strong wonderful mom and you have been through so much already and I know you can pull through everything that is ahead of you. If your anything like me the surgery has made me realize that my biggest problem is my emotional eating...

Things will get better, Remmeber if god brought you to it he will get you through it,  I promise :)
Keep your head up :)
Lin_2
on 4/4/11 10:07 pm
Wow, I'm so sorry to hear all that is going on for you. You have a lot on your plate! I agree with socochic, God is with you. I will PM you a prayer that has helped me.
Also, I think it would be good to get some professional help through this too. Can you see a therapist? even massage or accupuncture can be helpful too. Accupuncture has been treating depression for 5000 years! and sometimes it's covered under insurance for medical issues (like pain and weight loss: which you might qualify for). Also, Massage schools offer lower cost massages if you are interested. Lastly, Maryland libraries have a digital loaning process. You can "borrow" books online and read them on your computer. http://maryland.lib.overdrive.com/ There are several self-help books available in pdf or audio. Go to support group too. Research shows that exercising (walking), being around people, being in sunlight, and eating components of dopamine (turkey, salmon, etc) are somewhat helpful in improving mood.
Good luck!!!

faylynn23
on 4/10/11 1:25 am - College Park, MD
Lesley,

I am so sorry to hear that you are going through a difficult time.  I am glad you came to the board, you are so right in stating we all have things going on in lives.  I admit I have not been on the board much lately also.  I am assuming you have spoken to a doctor since you have a dx  of situational depression.  Please follow your doctors advice.  I know times are hard now, but all of this will come to pass.  Just remain focus on trying to eat healthily,  and exercise and all the rest will fall in place.  I will keep you in prayer.

Linda

lesley Y.
on 4/10/11 7:40 am - Delmar, MD
Thank you all for your kind words and I am working on my depression it jsut seems like since the GB everything has gone wrong. But I do have this week off from school and so maybe this will help me relax a bit too.
Linda I am seeking the help of a dr for this depression and yes I do have situational depression. I never thought of it before I spoke to someone about it ne meds have been started yet becasue of my Gb but it is something I will ask My GB dr about next mth when I go.

highest:334
current:315
surgery:322
first weight since surgery: 314

life inst about what you put into it its about what you learned from it. what have you learned from your life today?

My Macronutrient Breakdown

Daily Average for the Last 30 Days

Like this widget? Get your own at ObesityHelp.comhttp://www.obesityhelp.com/myoh/healthtracker/source,widget/">ObesityHelp.com>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Therapist Recommendations?
marshmallowstar · 0 replies · 1833 views
Revisions
sauniee · 0 replies · 2786 views
Support
Lalaredd · 3 replies · 4000 views