Today is my 1 Year Surgiversary!

Laura L.
on 5/5/11 11:57 pm - Severna Park, MD
One year ago today I was 120 pounds heavier, but so hopeful as I walked into UMMC and had a life changing surgery. Today I am 180 pounds, off of almost all medications, I have a normal blood pressure, I'm exercising, I'm wearing a size 14 pants and size L tops, I have a brand new gorgeous wedding dress and right now I'm sitting in my new office in Baltimore where I've been one week in my new job with an awesome firm. In other words, my confidence and sense of self worth have soared as the weight has come off. Most importantly, I'm healthy! This is an amazing gift and I am truly grateful for a second chance at life.  I love my RNY and this has been an amazing year.

Thank you all for your support. It's amazing to me that a year has flown by. To all you newbies out there: Hang  on, it's a bumpy ride but so worth it. I couldn't be happier
Laura  

thompsonnj
on 5/6/11 3:10 am, edited 5/6/11 3:10 am - Fort Washington, MD

Hi I'm new to the MD Forum but wanted to say congratulations on your success and the new direction your life is heading. Thank you for sharing I haven't had my surgery yet but can't wait. Enjoy your second chance.

Laura L.
on 5/7/11 12:21 am - Severna Park, MD
Hello and welcome! Thank you for your congratulations. I am excited for you...it'll be your turn before you know it and then you'll be a year out looking back saying, WOW! :)

Check out my profile page where I blogged throughout my journey. I hope there are some helpful hints on getting getting for surgery. Good luck!
Laura  

terrijp
on 5/6/11 5:32 am
Wow, a year already Laura?  Congratulations, especially on your new, healthy life.

Terri

LBL/BL 12/11/09; BL Revision, Quad Bleph 07/16/10. Larry H. Lickstein, M.D., F.A.C.S.

It's not how fast you go, but that you're moving in the right direction!

Laura L.
on 5/7/11 12:23 am - Severna Park, MD
Thanks Terri! Yeah, it's hard to believe it's been a year already! Hope you are well.
Laura  

hazelnut6
on 5/8/11 7:13 pm
Congratulations on both the weight loss and the new job! 

I'm right behind you...my surgiversary is coming up on June 20th. 

LisaCultJam
on 5/10/11 4:15 am

Congratulations! 

Great story.  Thanks for sharing.

2011 goal                                  It works if you work it!  

Mare T.
on 5/15/11 3:41 am - Towson, MD
RNY on 01/11/12
Congratulations Laura!  Whenever my 1-yr is over, I hope I have as much success as you do!!!  Way to go!

Mare
When someone says "My heart needs lifting..."
Don't ask "How come?", ask "How high?"

Most Active
Recent Topics
Therapist Recommendations?
marshmallowstar · 0 replies · 1836 views
Revisions
sauniee · 0 replies · 2787 views
Support
Lalaredd · 3 replies · 4002 views