Good Morning... Happy Hump Day

Cira S.
on 8/31/11 12:53 am - Charles Town , WV
Hi Stephanie!!!

I am so glad to see your post. 

I can totally relate with what you are saying.  I got all the support I needed from a lot of wonderful people and I am thankful for that.  I will always be grateful for that and that is why I want to continue paying it forward. 

Yes you are right we do get new and different set of issues to deal with.  I have been dealing with plenty for the past 3 months.  I am working on nipping them in the bud and getting myself back to normal.  Well what ever normal is. lol

How are you doing? 

Thank you for posting!

Cira

I am who I am and accept my feelings wholeheartedly.
Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind.

Cira 249/144.0 current/goal 154/ 5'3" 10 lbs below my Dr's goal
100Cira-1.jpg picture by negra266

SassySteph
on 8/31/11 1:01 am - Lusby, MD
Hi Cira,

I am doing well, I have had about a 15 pound regain but have been getting back on track with diet and exercise.  I still hate all of the water and find that to be my worst issue, but after a bout with kidney stones I am trying really hard to get in alot more.

It's always good to see you here, even though I rarely post I lurk on the boards daily and it's always sad to see how dead this board is, I really hope it is revived.

Cira S.
on 8/31/11 1:14 am - Charles Town , WV
Stephanie,

You are NOT alone. I have regained plus on top of that I have been retaining about 13 pounds of fluids.  Docs still trying to figure out why the heck this is happening to me.  I have had some vitamin deficiency and toxity issues so a lot of the weight gain and symptoms that I have been through come from that.  But I am working hard on getting better and losing all this fluid and extra weight for good.

I see people trying hard to help the board so I think it will happen.  As long as we all stick to it.  We don't all have to post on a daily basis but at least come back to share every so often to keep it goiong. 

I think the newbies, old times, pre ops and people that are trying to figure out what they are going to do will really appreciate the support that we all can give them.  It is very important to me that they get it. 

Thanks for posting. 

Good luck with staying on track and I am here for you to cheer you on.   :)

Cira

Cira S.
on 8/31/11 12:50 am - Charles Town , WV
Good morning Nessa,

I like the idea that anyone who gets here first starts a supportive thread.  It doesn't matter about what just anything you think would be good for a newbie, and pre op or and old timer would be able to relate to what ever topic is posted.  I really don't care for the same old post daily. I think what we need is a jump start and a major change.  What you think?

I dyed my granny grays two days ago at home.  Took the cheap route!   :)
Good luck with your new BF and wishing you all the best for next year.  It's good to post what you are eating so you can be accountable to yourself and it will make you stick to it.  I know how it is to gain those extra pounds ughhh... I am dealing with those over and over and especially now with all the fluids that I have been retaining.  I was told to drink room temp water to help drink more fluids and that it is better us.  So that's what I am doing.  Cold water still hits my pouch in the wrong way. So my goal today is to make it to 100 oz.   Yesterday I only made it to 74 oz So I have a ways to go.  I got a new water bottle that it has it own little filter so whenever I need more water I can just refill from even my bathroom sink.  It should help me with my issue.

I have to do the 5DPT so I can get rid of the carb monster. Since I have been sick sliders have been my best friend.. I know no good!  ughhhhh I swear I have no idea when I will learn. 

Also I have been reading up a lot on toxic fat and I think I need to work on getting rid of that and maybe I will feel start feeling better and shedding the unwanted pounds and horrible moods. 

Since you can't exercise, can you walk a little bit? The weather is beautiful and walking can help shep the extra pounds. 

Good luck with your agenda today and I hope everything goes smoothly for you. 

Have a fantastic day on purpose and thank you for posting!

Cira

ladybugnessa
on 8/31/11 1:11 am - Owings Mills, MD
I think that we should post whatever we want daily and just check in and REV this BOARD back up!

Walking is what I plan to do when I can... I still am not standing totally straight even,

and part of what we are doing is packing J's apartment up and moving it down here...

I usually dye my own too... the gray more than anything since I've moved away from the bright red to a more muted darker brown now... but once in a while I need what i refer to as a "color correction" to even out the tones... I also get the kerratin straightening treatment twice a year now...

74 oz of water is way more than I could ever do!
Nessa
Ticker is from Day of Surgery.. weight goal is personal preference as I've MET my doctor's goal

--

HG/SW/CW/GW
286/253/150/151

Cira S.
on 8/31/11 1:29 am - Charles Town , WV

Yes,  please who ever wants to post please post.  The key is to support others.  I am not looking for a daily post just a post. (check in)

Have you talked to your doctor about doing some soft stretches and such to be able to get your body to be able to stand straight?  I hope everthing gets back to normal for you soon.

I remember when I was 2 years out getting to 74 oz was a major challenge for me so I can relate.  Like I posted before I realized I can put more in when it is room temp.  Maybe something you can try. As the time goes on you will see how much more you will be able to take in.

My hair is black and I've been wanting to lighten my hair brown reddish,  but just knowing how much work it is to strip my color then dye it is just too much for me to handle.  I am afraid to do anything to make my hair fall out. lol  

Keep up the great work Nessa.

Markjason11
on 8/31/11 5:01 am - MD
Im so glad this room is seeing a revival just in time for me !!!! LOL- well Ill check in as often as I can ! Im five week and two days out today- and the latest scale shows that I am down about 60 from my peak weight and about 50 from my surgery date BUT........ Ive been holding at that 50 for about three days now :(

I know its silly but I got kinda spoiled by seeing movement every time I weighed- (which was every other day)- maybe I should listen to the nutritionist and just weigh myself every week- but that is HARD TO DO !!! 

Here is where I can come to unburden my guilt

A- I know Im not walking enough yet- but I am participating in water aerobics at least twice a week and I swim every night after work- does that count ??? 

B- Im not a sweets person but in a meeting yesterday- there was a tray of HOT sugar cookies JUST out of the oven and.......I totally ate one- my worst fear in LIFE is to have some kind of "dumping" episode and sweets were never really my thing anyway so Im not really worried this will continue and I have forgiven myself and moved on ! LOOOOOL 

C- Im not really doing the vitamins all that tough- although I have been popping like at least five Flinstones chewables a day- hoping that will at least mitigate my abject neglect !!! LOOOOOL-

Well- those are my dirty secrets for the day- I hope someone can provide some insight- Im determined for this to work and genereally feel better every day- I just wish that number would start moving again (and dont say its cuz of the sugar cookie- cuz that just happened last night !!!) LOOOOOL 
ladybugnessa
on 8/31/11 5:09 am - Owings Mills, MD
we won't lose weight every day... just not going to happen and as you get smaller and smaller you will lose slower and slower... 50 pounds in 5  weeks is awesome...

if you are swimming every night after work that counts... my doc says an hour of walking or the equivelent 5 days a week... swimming would count...

I dont' dump much but I dumped the other day on a PROTEIN shake for goodness sake.. I just put a banana in it and I drank it too fast... I'm 2 years out and rarely dump...   I remember my first cookie after surgery I was 8 months out... there are photos of me eating it as it was so yummy I loved it and still remember it

UGH get the EFF off the flinstones.   SUPPLEMENTS are CRITICAL...  

i take 2 bariatric vitamins a day
2000 mg of calcium 500 mg at a time at least 2 hours apart
65 mg of iron a day at least 2 hours apart from the calcium and the multis and with vitamin c
I take dry d3  10,000 i u per day (cause my d was 95 last time if it's low I up it to 25,000 iu per day
and b12 2500 mg every other day (cause my b12 is high)

if you don't supplement correctly you can have PERMANENT damage.
Nessa
Ticker is from Day of Surgery.. weight goal is personal preference as I've MET my doctor's goal

--

HG/SW/CW/GW
286/253/150/151

Cira S.
on 8/31/11 11:46 am, edited 8/31/11 11:47 am - Charles Town , WV
You are doing fantastic 50 pouns in 5 weeks is nothing but awesome.  There comes a point in time when the body has to catch up with all that constant losing.  That is when you see the inches just melting away from your body.  You should measure on a monthly basis.  You will will be astonished with your results. 

My doc always told me to take a multivitamin, a b complex, calcium citrate 2 timeas a day a B12 shot once a month an iron daily and a vitamin D supplement.

When you are early out you are at your highest of malabsorption. Taking your vitmains daily should be religiously.  Like Nessa said it  is imperative because you can have permanent damage.

I am at 4 1/2 years out.  I always take all of my vitamins as instructed and I am not having issues with my vitamin D2 it is deficient. I also have vitamin B6 toxicity.  So both situations are dangerous.  I can have peripheral nerve damage for a long time. I am not on Vitamin D2 50,000 IU one time a week.  I also have to keep away
from the B-6 until it goes back down to normal.  So please be careful and know that it is very important to always take your vitamins correctly.

As for the cookie you did you forgave yourself and you moved on.  Which is great but if you start early trying stuff like that it will just be a slippery slope from there.  Just being honest.  If you give yourself the first year to lose all of the weight that you need to lose weigh then perhaps you can reward yourslef then.

Swimming does count so continue on on what you are doing. 

Wishing you all the best. 

Sincerely,

Cira

Markjason11
on 8/31/11 5:30 am - MD
@ Lady-

Thanks for the kick in the a*$- but I LIKE the Flinstones and I thought I was mitigating the damage- I guess thats a NO, huh ???  In my mind, I figured I would 'GET RELIGION" on the multi vitamin stuff before I did any permanent damage- LOL- perhaps not the most responsible decision ! 

Im SO glad that I havent dumped yet- Im hoping that I am part of the 50% or whatever that just dont dump- cuz those kinds of symptoms would scare the crap outta me- Id probably call an ambo or something ! LOL

Did your doc really recommend AN HOUR A DAY every day ??? that seems excessive- My doc told me to shoot for at least 30 minutes a day, five days a week..... Id like to hear what others goals are- My doc still says NO WORKING OUT yet and Ive had back surge so I aint runnin nowhere so water aerobics seemed an ideal solution !! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Therapist Recommendations?
marshmallowstar · 0 replies · 1833 views
Revisions
sauniee · 0 replies · 2786 views
Support
Lalaredd · 3 replies · 4000 views