just needed to say this

susieequte
on 11/9/11 5:10 am
Hi everyone I had my surgery on nov 3rd and came back home on the 7th of nov.... I'm very happy that I made this decision for myself. It's just that since I've been home I have not lost as much weight as I thought I would [being that I'm existing on broth and protein shakes] and I'm worried that I might have stretched my pouch because I'm able to get down more broth then they gave me in the hospital. All of these things might just be irrational fears but I just don't want to mess this up after I've done all the work to get here....if anyone has any advice or just words of encouragement please reply I need it right now.
rhidunn
on 11/9/11 9:01 am - Annapolis, MD
Hey there!  Congratulations and welcome home.

#1 - have someone take your scale, lock it up and don't look at it again until December 3rd.

I don't know what surgery you had but, unless you are drinking a ridiculous amount of broth at a record breaking pace - you are probably ok.

Have you spent time on your surgery specific board? 

Nicole T.
on 11/9/11 8:52 pm
definitely visit the board of your surgery. unfortunately this board is not very active. You are definitely feeling fear not necessarily based on fact, which is normal. just know that you did NOT stretch out your pouch and you are just still healing. your body can hold on to ALOT of water and that is what is happening. one day you'll get on the scale and lose ten lbs in one day. try to limit your weighing or you'll go a little nuts. just do what you were told to do for success and you will be!
Cira S.
on 11/10/11 3:43 am - Charles Town , WV
Congratulations on your surgery.  I hope that you are feeling great and healing nicely. 

I must say one thing to you is please do not worry about the scale right now.  The very first week you have extra fluids in your system.  You bdy has gone trhough major surgery and you need to recover. 
You have not stretched your pouch.  Make sure to measure your fluids and do exactly what you are told and everything is going to be alright. 

My advice to you is to take care of yourself, re learn to eat again (depending of your surgery) learn to appreciate the decision you made for yourself.  When you go to your 1 month follow up visit you will see that you have shed some pounds and you will be in awe.  Remember to measure your body so that you can see the inches melting away.  Especially when the scale is not moving you will see the inches going. One more thing, walk everyday and drink your fluids and remember to try to meet your protein and liquid requirements.

All the best and if you need help please do not hesitate to message me. 

Cira

I am who I am and accept my feelings wholeheartedly.
Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind.

Cira 249/144.0 current/goal 154/ 5'3" 10 lbs below my Dr's goal
100Cira-1.jpg picture by negra266

Most Active
Recent Topics
Therapist Recommendations?
marshmallowstar · 0 replies · 1836 views
Revisions
sauniee · 0 replies · 2786 views
Support
Lalaredd · 3 replies · 4002 views