Any MDers choose Franklin Square and can share some info?

bdocker
on 2/20/12 2:52 am
So I really want the DS and Franklin Square in B'more does it but I know nothing about the Franklin Square program.

Originally I'd been planning on going to a dr in VA but he has a huge program fee and surgeon fee above what insurance covers.

I am 3 months into my six month monitored weight loss for my insurance and interested in any program fees that Franklin Square may have as it's quite a hike from my area of MD in Brunswick.

It'd be so much easier if I wanted another surgery but I know the DS is the tool for me due to the amount of weight I have to lose.

Also anyone know of any support groups in the Frederick MD area??

Any info you guys have would be greatly appreciated!
(deactivated member)
on 2/21/12 8:00 pm
I don't really have any info for you - although I am interested in hearing what you find out!  I'm only about a month or two into my 6 month insurance requirement and I am going back and forth between the VSG and the DS except my surgeon doesn't do the DS.  :/

Also - I'm still researching closer support groups in the area (Carroll Co.) and will pass any info that I find on... :)

bdocker
on 2/23/12 7:47 am
Thank you so much for sharing that. I'm obviously in Frederick County. I've set my heart on the DS based on my BMI being over 50 and the fact that it combines restrictive and malabsorption. The other things that sold me on it is that you still get to eat. And that the side effects of carbs are unpleasant enough to keep you from indulging too often. But the stuff you should eat you can really enjoy due to the malabsorption. The only trade off is vitamin supplements (which I think is smart any way) and staying on top of your blood work. I also like that it leaves your pyloric valve intact.

Otherwise I think I'd choose the VSG with the idea I could easily revise to DS later - which just goes to show how sold I am on the DS. LOL So I obsess a bit.

When I hear from Franklin Square I'll post back here so you get the news.

Take care!
Brenda
dori M.
on 3/6/12 11:16 am - MD
 I had my surgery at Franklin Square with Dr. You.  The 6mth program frr is $300 and $150 if your insurance only requires 3mths.

The monthly support groups are held the 2nd Tuesday of every month in case your interested in going.

What else do you wanna know?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Therapist Recommendations?
marshmallowstar · 0 replies · 1824 views
Revisions
sauniee · 0 replies · 2776 views
Support
Lalaredd · 3 replies · 3993 views