Surgery Tomorrow!

Popclub
on 2/27/12 4:19 am - MD
Revision on 02/28/12

Hi!  I am a Maryland newbie who is scheduled for surgery (Bypass) tomorrow morning. Needless to say, I am scared senseless! 

I am doing the pre-surgery cleanse today and it's no fun. I drank 20 oz of Citrate this morning and it's after 3:00 and I am not hungry at all. Of course, that is a good thing because I can only have clear liquids anyways.

I have my surgery at GW Hospital in DC.

What should I expect the first 2-3 days or so?

Wish me luck!

lucy2e
on 2/27/12 10:45 am - Laurel, MD
 Hi - good luck to you, I'm sending prayers and happy thoughts your way!

The first few days aren't terrible - at the hospital they will have you on a pain pump so while you will be tired and a little uncomfortable, it won't be intolerable.

The best advice is to remember the newby mantra - sip, walk, rest, repeat!

Good luck!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Popclub
on 2/27/12 10:56 am - MD
Revision on 02/28/12
 Thanks Lucy! 

Beejay

Kevin H.
on 3/2/12 8:03 pm - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
Best of luck to you!  Let us know how your doing :)

Popclub
on 3/3/12 10:16 pm, edited 3/3/12 10:25 pm - MD
Revision on 02/28/12
 Hi there! 
Well everything went well. Took the lap band out and did the bypass. That was a risky prospect but Dr. Lin is the best, esp with Revisions.

Anyway, he would not let me have anything by mouth at all from Tuesday through Thurs, when I was allowed sips of water and juice. My mouth was soooooo dry and those lil wet swabs were not the answer. I was up walking around on Wednesday. On Friday, I had to try protein drinks. And later that day I had the worst pain ever. It was due to needing to have a bm. Of course I did not know that.  By the evening I was told I was doing very well and could go home. So I was at home late Friday night.

I have to get in at least 16 oz. protein, and 30 oz. other liquids per day. The protein shakes (Nutrimed) with water makes my stomach a little upset I've noticed. Speaking of which, I have had sooooo many bm's it's not funny. Where is it all coming from? I have to be empty!  Anyway, I'm going to try my best to get my protein in since it is more important than the other fluids. But right now I feel like I could live on Cranberry juice!

I have Unjury Chicken soup and the Nutrimed shakes.  ANy suggestions for thin, not too sweet, high protein brands? They need to taste good too.

Beejay

Most Active
Recent Topics
Therapist Recommendations?
marshmallowstar · 0 replies · 1824 views
Revisions
sauniee · 0 replies · 2776 views
Support
Lalaredd · 3 replies · 3993 views