What the heck is a Bariatric Prom?

Cleopatra_Nik
on 7/25/14 5:26 am - Baltimore, MD

It's an evening to celebrate our new lives, that's what!

My name is Nikki. I've been an OH member since 2009. Some of you may see me next month at OH Conference as I'm leading a session on how to handle awkward situations post-WLS.

But this post is about a special event I'm putting together here in MD called Bariatric Prom. This is not a money making venture or a business. It's just an event a fellow post-op and I are putting together because we'd like to have a nice, formal event where we can get dolled up, eat WLS-friendly food, dance, meet new people and just generally have a great time.

So here are the event details:

Bariatric Prom, November 1st 5 - 10 p.m. at the Event Room at Morganview Apartments, 1500 Pentridge Rd., Baltimore, MD. Tickets are $35/1 person, $65/2 people. 

Our guest speaker will be Ms. Ernestine Shepherd, former title holder for World's Oldest Female Body Builder (and she didn't start getting fit until her 50's!). There will be a DJ, the opportunity to have a same-day portrait taken, and ALL the food will be WLS friendly.

To learn more about this event, including more about Ms. Shepherd and also some stories of the inspiring post-ops who will be attending, you can visit http://bariatricprom.blogspot.com. Tickets can also be purchased from that site. If you have any questions, feel free to post them and I'm happy to answer. But it should be a fun night to celebrate ourselves, no matter where we are in our journeys!

Anyway, thanks and I hope to meet some of you there!

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Therapist Recommendations?
marshmallowstar · 0 replies · 1833 views
Revisions
sauniee · 0 replies · 2786 views
Support
Lalaredd · 3 replies · 4000 views