Long time no see! Anyone been to Howard University Hospital recently??

Mary B.
on 1/13/15 5:28 am - Southern, MD

HI my fellow Marylanders!! I've missed you. Ive been gone for so long. I had my band to rny revision in Aug 2010 and 'only' lost roughly 70 lbs (on a good day).

SW 299, Lowest 230 (non sustainable), CW 270:( Im 5'8-5'9

I gained most of my weight back over the past year and a half with severe sciatica in both legs (at the same time). I had more than 14 lumbar injections, steroids, facet joint injections, physical therapy, chiropractic therapy...

Finally I had both my nerves burned and now Im in acupuncture and doing so much better!

Anyway, I went to check out Howard University for the StomaPhyx... Yeah, I know about the percentages and what not. I was figuring a little something may help. I ended up talking to Dr. Tran who did my band. Let me first say that everyone at Howard is so NICE!! I was so impressed with everyone and the treatment I received. Also- when Dr. Tran did my band he was at Potomac... he must like it at Howard much better because he seems much happier now.

So... explains how horrible the stomaphyx is and they dont do it anymore. But, they are currently running a stuyd to perform revisions from traditional to distal. Actually, he didnt say those words, but he drew me a picture and I said Hey, that looks like the DS intestines. He said YEP! so, that is distal... Right??? I told him I'd have to think about it. and We would start out with the EGD. He thought my average weight loss the past few years has been meager. YEAH!! Thats what Ive been sayin!!  

Has anyone participated?? Anyone have a distal so I can pick your brain??

Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

BROWNIDGIRL
on 2/6/15 2:52 am - MD

Hi Mar!  As you can see, the Maryland Board is nothing like it used to be.

I belong to a FB group, "Bariatric Bad Girls Club," but people have to ask to be admitted to the group on their own, so I can't add you myself.  But check it out, there's zillions of members and I bet someone has some info for you!

Hugs,

Tia

bailliemccreight92
on 3/29/23 9:30 am, edited 4/5/23 8:37 pm

The time has come to rejuvenate this branch because I've been there and now it's pretty good, it's normal conditions, I'd say even good; so if anyone will want to go there, then you can go with confidence, it's not what it was 8 years ago.
Besides I seem to have read about this university here https://phdessay.com/free-essays-on/film-analysis/ ; and I understand that it is even described by several sources as a bad one, now I have to say that I want to make an analysis video about Howard University to let people know that it is already possible to come))

Most Active
Recent Topics
Therapist Recommendations?
marshmallowstar · 0 replies · 1836 views
Revisions
sauniee · 0 replies · 2787 views
Support
Lalaredd · 3 replies · 4002 views