Newbie.....Questioning Recovery

suziqbdo
on 9/12/15 7:28 pm

Good Evening Everyone!  My name is Susan.  I am 38 years old. 5 foot 5 and 301.5 lbs.  I have been married  for 12 years.  I have my first appointment with Dr. Kligman on October 12th.  Still trying to gain support from my husband and my Mom, my mother-in-law supports me 100%.  As I have understood from research, if I go for the laproscopic RNY I will be in the hospital (University of Maryland Baltimore) for 3 days.  My husband is a consultant, he has been assigned for 5 years and MDOT in Dundalk, the firm he works for has just started allowing him to accrue vacation 1 hour every 40 hours he works, so he may have enough to get paid the day of my surgery but after that he won't be able to stay with me to "babysit" me.  I know I will be fine during my hospital stay but will I need to have someone to be home with me?  We have 2 kids, a 13 year old and a 5 year old plus 3 pooches.  

karin602
on 9/29/15 4:47 pm - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

I had Dr. Kligman for my surgery. Great choice. I was first surgery in the morning and discharged about 5 pm the next day. My daughter brought me home and I handled the rest on my own. She just checked in once or twice a day. I was fortunate not to have major pain. Left hospital on no pain meds.  Get the 13 year old to help with the 5 year old, maybe get some freezer meals b e forehand for the family and stock up on what you can have. The handbook you get on your pre surgery seminar outlines the plan. I had surgery on a Thursday and was driving on Saturday. Cleared a s long as you a 're not on p a in meds. 

Karin

Most Active
Recent Topics
Therapist Recommendations?
marshmallowstar · 0 replies · 1824 views
Revisions
sauniee · 0 replies · 2776 views
Support
Lalaredd · 3 replies · 3993 views