Dr. Vanguri or St. Joseph's Hospital.....

cflater
on 5/22/05 8:43 am - Bel Air, MD
Anyone have surgery done by Dr. Vanguri or at St. Joseph's Hospital in Towson? Just wondering if you had any suggestions or tips. My day is fast approaching. Thanks. Cheryl
mrhurley
on 5/22/05 8:01 pm - Lusby, MD
Cheryl, I had Dr. Vanguri and my operation was performed at St. Joseph Hospital. Dr. Vanguri is a very kind and caring doctor. A few weeks out of the surgery I suffered with severe depression. I couldn't sleep, and felt as if I was a heightened point of aggitation at all times. I can remember one day in particuler that he took upon himself to call me 3x. When any other problem arised he would call me just a few moments after I paged him. Another benefit is Beverly. She the patient councaler and I learned a lot from her. When I needed a question answered she was always there. The first two months out of surgery I called her a lot. Secondly, St. Joesph Hospital, I liked most of the staff but they were slow in giving pain medication and I had one nurse that refused to answer my call light. My room was right accross from the Patient Advocates office. At one point my husband got upset and complained out loud -we didn't know she'd heard us. She rushed into our room and asked what was wrong. Needless to say we told her. With in seconds every nurse and tech on that side of the floor rushed into the room to be of assistence. Most of the nurses I had were good but there was that one that I previously mentioned that spoiled my over all opinion of that place. I'll be praying for you...h Mary Rose
cflater
on 5/23/05 6:22 am - Bel Air, MD
Hi Mary, Thanks for the response. With all the posts, I have seen very little about Dr. Vanguri or St. Joe's. I had cardiac surgery at St. Joseph's two years ago and the staff was wonderful. Actually, the head of critical care is my pulmonologist. He is a magnificent doctor and truly patient oriented. He came to see me much more often than the cardiac surgeon. He will be taking a primary role in aftercare so I feel pretty lucky there. They will be removing the rest of my thyroid at the same time. The neck surgeon and Dr. Vanguri agreed that I could have both done at one time. Thank heavens. I told them it had taken too much time and organization to get everything ready for the WLS to postpone it. Unfortunately, they believe the masses on my thyroid may be malignant so it has to be done. Maybe I'm foolish but I am not worried. That may change as June 20 gets closer. We are taking a cruise starting June 5 so when we return, it's almost time. Thanks again. Cheryl
Most Active
Recent Topics
Therapist Recommendations?
marshmallowstar · 0 replies · 1836 views
Revisions
sauniee · 0 replies · 2787 views
Support
Lalaredd · 3 replies · 4002 views