The Process is about to drive me MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latrice B.
on 5/26/05 5:27 am - Baltimore, MD
Hi Everyone, I am fairly new and have been looking into the surgery for about six months before actually deciding to go for it! Well, I am the type of person who strives never to do anything half-way and went to see my PCP with my goals to attain WLS. At first he was very hesistant and would not even discuss it seriously with me,and then the hammer dropped...................... I told him I am sick and tired of taking three or four pills to control my BP, and having test after test , and that I felt a majority of my health issues are weight related. He saw the determination in my face and went about giving the referral to the surgeon , sleep study , and several blood test. Well, me being me, had all of the test done before I actually had my first consult with Dr. Vanguri. I had made so many appointments that Bonnie told me to slow down , and I did this was as of March 24,2005. Finally got a letter from Dr.V, and found out that I needed a pulmonary consult and cardiac consult, finally got those done and now what!!!!!!!!!! Has anyone dealt with the approval process with BC/BS of Delaware, but I live and work in Maryland. What is the process like? I have sleep apnea,(need CPAP machine), high blood pressure, asthma, and swollen, achy joints. I scheduled my "shrink" eval for June 06,2005 , now what ? Would someone adopt this newbie and be my angel ? How did everyone develop such beautiful pages? I know I have a million and one questions, but I have been reading all of the posts listed and thought it is time that I introduced myself to this wonderful community of people! Peace and Blessing to All, trice
cflater
on 5/26/05 10:48 am - Bel Air, MD
Hi Trice, I, too, am a patient of Dr. Vanguri. My date is June 20 at St. Joseph's Hospital. I'd be glad to help you through the hoops. I am only a little bit ahead of you. What specifically would you like to know? Cheryl
Latrice B.
on 5/26/05 10:57 am - Baltimore, MD
Congratulations! On your surgery date! I am just nervous, and the waiting is awful! I have told myself time and time again this is a process just as gaining weight was, and I must be patient. For starters, How do I jazz up my profile page ! Secondly, I am about to cry because of the love that people who don't even know me just embraced me and my goal to become fit&fine. I want to attach a picture of me so that everyone knows who I am, but the love I received so far has been so needed, because I am feeling a little alone in the world as far as immediate family and friends go, BUT I made this choice for me, not for my family, but for ME!
cflater
on 5/27/05 3:27 am - Bel Air, MD
Hi again, There are actually two ways to spruce up your profile. Go to the top of th page and click on "your profile." Then you will be asked for your password. At the bottom of the next page, go to Your Profile - Color & Comments (it might not be named exactly those words). That will allow you to put a background color and text color and photos on. You may also start a journal. The really fancy profiles are done by member services. Go to the top of this page and click on Contact Us. You can leave a message for someone to assist you. I have Carefirst, BC/BS of MD and had absolutely NO problems. In fact, it only took about 2.5 - 3 weeks for approval. This week I had my history/physical, pulmonary consult, arterial blood tests, auto-donated blood, had the chest x-ray, all other blood tests, and cardiac consult. I had the endoscopy done weeks ago. Next week I do the gall bladder sonogram, barium swallow, and meet with Dr. Vanguri. Are you having surgery at Franklin Square or St. Joseph's? Try to take a few deep breaths and relax. It does get hectic but it will be worth it. Tak to you soon. Cheryl
Latrice B.
on 5/28/05 3:35 am - Baltimore, MD
Cheryl, My surgery is supposed to be at St. Joseph's, but I told Bev and Delores that once it is approved I will be on standby once all my test are done. When is your surgury date? What is a endscopy, and does everyone have to have one of those?
cflater
on 5/28/05 5:36 am - Bel Air, MD
Hi again, I'm scheduled for Monday, June 20. Have you been to a pulmonologist yet? If not, Dr. Hassan Makhzoumi, head of critical care at St. Joe's, is magnificent. He is the reason I am going to St. Joe's. He has taken such good care of me for the last two years when things got really bad. I am not sure if I could do this without him. Some doctors require an endoscopy which is a scope of the upper GI. It is no big deal - just sounds like it. You have a light sedation so you don't remember anything. The whole process took less than an hour. I have Scleroderma which is a big potential problem. Because of that I have to do several things others don't - like the endoscopy and a barium swallow. You may not have to do an endoscopy. I just had the cardiac clearance, all the blood work -arterial and venous- and auto-donated blood. By Thursday I will have finished everything! Yea!! Cheryl
cflater
on 5/27/05 3:29 am - Bel Air, MD
I think I am going brain-dead. To have someone assist you in designing, email [email protected]. That will get you where you need to be. Cheryl
Most Active
Recent Topics
Therapist Recommendations?
marshmallowstar · 0 replies · 1836 views
Revisions
sauniee · 0 replies · 2787 views
Support
Lalaredd · 3 replies · 4002 views