7 week follow-up dietician appointment

kimkel
on 5/2/11 7:59 am - Ellsworth, ME
 I went to my Dietician appointment today. She said I am doing an awesome job. I am way a head of where they expected me to be. Since the day of surgery I have lost 41 pounds and I had lost 24 pounds to get ready for my surgery so I have lost a total of 65 pounds. WOW   Kim

DavidReed
on 5/2/11 8:16 am
 Congratulations Kim!!!  That's excellent progress!!!  That's FANTASTIC progress!!!  I'm aghast!!!

Keep going!!!  Can't wait to hear more about your progress!!!

-David
"Hello, my name is David, and I am a nutritional over-achiever..."

kimkel
on 5/2/11 8:43 am - Ellsworth, ME
 I knew that I had lost quite a bit but I had not really sat down and really figured it out so I was quite shocked. I had figured around 50 total not quite a bit more then that.  I thought I had lost a lot of muscle mass but it showed that I have actually gained some muscle mass.  I was shocked!  The Dietian was pretty surprised also.  She asked if I had been working out. I said all I have been doing is walking during my lunch breaks and sometimes I play the wii with my kiddo's.  I was concerned about the little amounts I was taking in but she assured me that I was doing great and that everybody is different in the amounts they can take in.  She figured it out and said my protein seems to be right on.  I still need to work on my liquids.  At the rapid amount of weight that I am loosing I did say I was a bit concerned that I will loose too much weight.  She said with how you are doing that could happen but that is why they keep a close eye on our progress and if they feel that is happening then they will help me learn to add more healthy calories back in to my plan.  
Thanks for the support

Kim

DavidReed
on 5/2/11 8:46 am
You're welcome.  That really is great news!!!

Who did you see for a dietician?  I usually see Lacy...

-David

kimkel
on 5/2/11 11:23 am - Ellsworth, ME
 I saw Tama today.  She is great.  I have also seen Lacy which I like also.  I have to see Dana in 6 weeks.

Kim

DavidReed
on 5/3/11 12:42 am
Sounds great!  You're doing awesome!  Keep up the good work!!!

-David

kimkel
on 5/3/11 11:43 am - Ellsworth, ME
 You too David you are doing AWESOME

Kim

DavidReed
on 5/3/11 11:52 am
So far, so good!!!  

-David

DavidReed
on 5/4/11 12:58 am
You're really only 40 pounds from goal right now?  Wow, that's incredible.  I can't wait...I still have 100+ more to go before I'm even in the range (I'm thinking 120-140).  

Good luck, and keep us up-to-date on what's going on!!!

-David

micbrook
on 5/4/11 12:34 am - Clifton, ME
RNY on 11/21/07 with

You are doing AWESOME  !!!

Congratulations

patty

Most Active