Caught my reflection today...

DavidReed
on 6/7/11 11:40 am
For the first time in a long time, as I walked into the Y...I was a little startled because I didn't look like what I remember looking like...I looked...reasonably normal!  That was shocking...I stopped, paused, and just looked...and smiled a little bit...

I don't remember looking that...vertical!  :-)

-David
"Hello, my name is David, and I am a nutritional over-achiever..."

Kelly S.
on 6/10/11 1:19 am
Funny, if I look too long I see myself like I used to.

20 pounds lost during two week pre-op diet.

DavidReed
on 6/10/11 10:32 am
HA!  Did you make it to the meeting last weekend???

-David

Kelly S.
on 6/12/11 11:47 pm
I did, and the next one is going to be July 9th, to give people the weekend of the 4th to do their thing.  Hope to see you and your wife there!

DavidReed
on 6/13/11 2:44 am
I'm glad to hear that, because I was going to suggest that today.  I know Connie and I are going camping that weekend (leaving Friday), and won't be back that first Saturday.  Excellent!!!

We did a four-mile hike in Acadia this past Saturday...we had a GREAT time...I'm hoping to work us up to something more challenging, in time.  :-)

-David

Kelly S.
on 6/13/11 3:04 am
Fun!  We did Big Moose Mountian last Summer.  I was sore for a week!

Kelly S.
on 6/13/11 3:05 am
Woo Hoo!  We did Big Moose Mountain last Summer.  I was sore for a week!  LOL

DavidReed
on 6/13/11 3:42 am
I'm not familiar with that...where is that???

Connie went swimming yesterday, for the first time in a few years...she was surprised how much harder it was than she remembered!  *grin*  

I know I'm a little sore, after Saturday's hike...but it's a GOOD sore, you know???  *grin*

-David

Kelly S.
on 6/13/11 5:07 am
It's in Greenville, it used to be Big Squaw Mountain.  It's almost straight up in some places and you have to climb on manmade ladders but the view of Moosehead Lake is amazing from up there.  7 1/2 miles round trip and my little pomeranian did the whole thing!  LOL

DavidReed
on 6/13/11 5:13 am
Oh, another P.C. "can't call it anything 'offensive' (to whom?)" thing.  Gotcha...

I don't mind any of that.  Don't think Connie would feel the same way, though.  Maybe Spencer Mountain...  :-)  That's very close to where we are going camping...

-David

Most Active