Protein Shakes

Allison B.
on 11/7/11 11:02 pm - Canaan, ME
VSG on 01/09/12
What are y'all liking for protein shakes or supplements?  Any you are completely sick of and want to get rid of?  Any tips or hints?
DavidReed
on 11/9/11 6:29 am
Hi Allison,

Personally, I swear by the EAS Chocolate Whey protein powder.  They taste the most like a chocolate shake (to me) (thick and foamy, especially if well-shaken)...they are all pricey, but an occasional trip to Sam's Club makes it worthwhile, because you can get a large bag there of 100+ servings for a very reasonable price...(less than half the cost per serving of smaller packages.)

Didn't like the vanilla myself.  I stick with the chocolate...

-David

-David
"Hello, my name is David, and I am a nutritional over-achiever..."

Allison B.
on 11/9/11 10:08 am - Canaan, ME
VSG on 01/09/12
Thanks, David.  I like EAS brands as well so thanks for the suggestion! 
DavidReed
on 11/10/11 10:59 am
You're welcome Allison!!!

-David
"Hello, my name is David, and I am a nutritional over-achiever..."

Bkritty
on 11/13/11 3:12 am
Allison,

I have some BSN desert bannana cream and a body fortress cookies and cream and I think also vanilla....most of them are all full since I only drank them preop. I can't tolerate them post op  and get all my protein everyday mostly without shakes. If you would like any or all of them I live right in waterville so its not too far away and you are welcome to them. It stinks buying a bunch and spending the money and then not liking them! Let me know if you are interested.

Kristie

Allison B.
on 11/13/11 3:36 am - Canaan, ME
VSG on 01/09/12
Definitely interested.  Do you want any money for them? 
Bkritty
on 11/15/11 12:31 am
Nope...just the space back in my cupboards! :)

Just pay it forward somehow to someone else in some way if you can some day.

I will Private message you my phone #

Kristie

oldbooknewlook
on 11/16/11 12:59 pm - Yarmouth, ME
Hi Allison,

I use GNC 100% whey chocolate flavored.  I'm with David on disliking the vanilla flavors!  Don't spend a lot of money stocking up before your surgery.  I had a few different types of protein powders before my surgery that I liked, but after surgery I couldn't stand the taste of them and had to try a whoooooole bunch out before I finally found one I liked!  I also had trouble tolerating whey protein in the first few weeks after surgery (bathroom issues), but it was fine after 2 weeks and I use a whey protein every day now.

Best wishes to you!
~Amy   165 lbs down!  My journey on YouTube: www.youtube.com/oldbooknewlook

Debra Sirois
on 11/17/11 9:19 am - Norridgewock, ME
I use a blend of choc. whey protein and French vanilla slim fast blended with lots of ice and some milk to get the consistency you want. I sip on this while working out at the gym it keeps my energy up and fills me up as well.
I also use frozen strawberries and choc. whey protein blended with milk tastes very good as well. keep mixing things up and you won't get so bored.
I use protein powders twice a day and eat a regular meal in the evening. For lunch I usually mix vanilla with yogurt and fruit and kashi cereal for some crunch.

Debra Sirois, Norridgewock Maine

Most Active