Things to bring to the hospital?

AidensMum520
on 11/20/11 12:04 am - ME
 I did get a list of things to bring, but wanted input from you guys on things you felt were important to have.  15 days and counting till surgery! Oh, also first day of my liquid diet!!!!!
 Ashley             
Dorene H.
on 11/21/11 4:34 am - ME
Honestly, I didn't need a thing at the hospital. After surgery I mostly slept and amazingly, was discharged the next afternoon! I made sure I had comfy clothes to wear home (nothing with a tight waistband) and easy- to- get- on shoes would be good. I was swollen and it was hard to get my shoes on to go home. :) Best of luck to you!!

AidensMum520
on 11/21/11 4:40 am - ME
 Thanks Dorene!
 Ashley             
micbrook
on 11/25/11 2:11 am - Clifton, ME
RNY on 11/21/07 with
i  took some magazines but didnt read them   should of took my  laptop
and cell phone

butr most of time you  will be walking   and resting

oldbooknewlook
on 11/27/11 4:31 pm - Yarmouth, ME
Hi Ashley,

Congrats on your upcoming surgery date!  I ended up over packing; even though I cut my list down considerably, there were still things I didn't end up using.  But I still only brought a small bag, and I figure having those things with me put me more at ease knowing I was fully prepared, so no biggie.  Here are the things I definitely used:

mp3 player with earbuds
flip flops to wear in the shower
pair of loose, comfy clothes to go home in
cell phone and charger
C-PAP machine

I brought a book with me, but didn't end up using it because with the drugs I couldn't really focus enough to read.  I used my mp3 player like crazy and I'm so glad I brought it!!  Not only did the music help me sleep, but the earbuds blocked any noise. 

Best wishes to you!!
~Amy   165 lbs down!  My journey on YouTube: www.youtube.com/oldbooknewlook

AidensMum520
on 11/28/11 1:44 am - ME
 Thanks for the tips!  
 Ashley             
pinky0624
on 11/29/11 11:54 pm - Damariscotta, ME
chapstick and ear plugs.

Lisa
Highest-232.5  Surgery Day 2/18/08 - 215  Today-197  Goal-150
Sadly gained after 2 years out!  Working hard to get it off! 
Goal 150 with tummy tuck and thigh lift to follow!

Most Active