checking in and btw.....Stalls really Suck!

Bkritty
on 12/10/11 2:15 am
So I have been in a stall for the last couple of weeks and I was really starting to question what I might be doing wrong. As time goes on we are all able to eat more and I wondered if I was eating enough or the right things even though I am pretty good 90% of the time. I have been upping my water above and beyond the recommended amount, taking my vitamins and the only thing I have been slacking on a bit is the exercise. I know its key but its also finals week and right now finals must take priority. Anyway finally this morning I was down 2.2 pounds overnight! It feels good to be moving the scale again but boy are those stalls nerve wracking! I bought myself a bike on black friday...a cheapy just to see if I will get into it. I am also buying my boys (4&8) snowshoes from santa (santa is bringing mommy and daddy snowshoes too) so that we have a good form of exercise and play when we would usually be inside with popcorn and movies laying on a couch all day. I feel like the scale should be moving faster than it is and I am frustrated by that and not sure if its me or just the process. Come wednesday I will be out of school for almost 4 weeks and I am looking forward to some extra time with my boys and getting more active again. I don't want to fall back into old lazy habits but darn it they were right when they said it doesn't fix your head! At least the stalls serve a purpose for me....they remind me to not get too complacent in my journey. Hope you are all well!

Kristie

oldbooknewlook
on 12/11/11 2:51 pm - Yarmouth, ME
I was in a stall for about 4 weeks so I know how frustrating they can be!  When it happened to me I went through everything I could think of to make sure I was doing what I was supposed to be doing.  I measured everything to make sure I wasn't unintentionally over-eating (I wasn't), I used a website to track everything I ate so I would know exactly how many calories/fat/sugar/protein I was consuming, made sure I was getting enough water, and increased my exercise.  When I was sure I was doing everything correctly I had to just throw my hands up in the air and let it go!  Sure enough, the weight started coming off again.  I think sometimes our bodies just need a little time to catch up.  However, it's always a good thing to make sure we haven't slipped into old habits!
~Amy   165 lbs down!  My journey on YouTube: www.youtube.com/oldbooknewlook

Kathy B.
on 12/16/11 1:26 am - ME
Yup! Went through a few stalls that lasted 3-4 weeks at a time. I was not doing anything wrong. You'll get there. Maybe stay off the scales for a while.

DavidReed
on 12/21/11 1:59 pm
Hey Kristie!

Do you know where Santa got those snowshoes?  :-)

How you doing?  Glad to hear that you are out of your stall!  It's a little unnerving to hit those, isn't it?

You are making great progress!  Keep up the good work!

-David
"Hello, my name is David, and I am a nutritional over-achiever..."

Bkritty
on 12/23/11 2:27 am
Hi David...I got them at llbean! I am dying to use them...especially since it snowed last night. If it wasn't for the fact that they are from "santa" I would have given them to the kids today so we could go out and use them! lol

Most Active