New to Forum

SUNRISEHEAVEN
on 1/15/12 11:48 pm
I just wanted to say hi and tell a little about my self.   I live in southern Maine.  I just had surgery on the 9th of January.  I am living on a rollercoster ride of life right now.   I am not sure if I am doing things right, not sure if this was the right choose.   Then I am feeling great cant wait to see results dreaming of all the things I can do.   Walking around in circles to just move as the ice out side scares me.      As you can see I am all over the place and decided to join the group to see if I am not alone.  I am doing the surgery on my own I have two kids at home that I am taking care of and taking care of my self.      I cant wait to hear from everyone on their own experiences.   Thanks
oldbooknewlook
on 1/22/12 6:41 pm - Yarmouth, ME
Hi there,

Congrats on your surgery.  My name is Amy and I had my RNY in July, 2011 and feel that it was the best decision I've made for myself.  I've lost 135 pounds and plan to lose another 50-60 or so.  I couldn't be happier because I can finally do all the things I missed out on for so long, like taking my daughter on rides at the Fryeburg Fair, or dancing, which was something I loved to do when I was young, but became unable to do when I was morbidly obese.  The most surprising thing out of all this for me though, is that I actually love to exercise now!  That just wasn't a possibility when I weighed 330 pounds, because it was so very difficult for me to move and get around at that weight that there was just no way I could enjoy exercising.  Now I'm planning to run my first 5k in March.

You are so early out in your journey, but give it time and I think you will feel the same way about your decision.  Just keep doing everything your surgeon and bariatric team has taught you.  Once the weight starts flying off and you start seeing what a difference it is making in your quality of life, I think your worries will subside.

Best wishes to you!
~Amy   165 lbs down!  My journey on YouTube: www.youtube.com/oldbooknewlook

micbrook
on 2/1/12 11:33 pm - Clifton, ME
RNY on 11/21/07 with
Hi  

Your  feelings are completely normal.   You need to stay in touch with the support group that  is in your area.  It can be a great help and if you have any questions contact the surgeons office or the dieticians office.   I emailed my dieticians all the time at first and it was  a great source of comfort and information.  This is a tool that we  need to learn to use and it works great if you follow the rules. 

Your  biggest  job now is to get the liquid in and not get dehydrated.  work on the protein shakes too.

Hope all is fine

Patty

Most Active