Rainy-Day Activities...

DavidReed
on 4/20/12 9:52 pm
I -had- planned on working in the yard.  Last weekend, I cleared some brush, trees and rocks, and then built a post-and-rail fence.  I have one more of those projects to do (other side of the driveway).  Yesterday afternoon, I got the brush mostly cleared, and some of the raking done.  But I intended to use today to finish clearing, and then build the fence.  But, honestly, I don't want to be outside doing it in the rain...so I'll have to find something else to do!

So. It's raining. And it's going to rain the rest of the weekend, it sounds like. So, maybe we won't be doing the outdoor activities this weekend. What's your favorite healthy rainy-day activity?

-David
http://www.facebook.com/pages/New-England-BariatricSurgical- Weight-Loss-Support-Group/139426312735741

-David
"Hello, my name is David, and I am a nutritional over-achiever..."

A. Watson
on 5/21/12 12:37 am, edited 5/21/12 12:37 am
RNY on 08/07/12

I noticed that no one had replied to this posting, and I couldn't help but wonder why. I personally have such a hard time coming up with exercises on a rainy day, especially when before I would curl up with a blanket and read a book.

So I took your question pondered on it for the night and this is what I have been doing to keep going even on a cold rainy day.

Walking in my living in one place, knees as high as I can comfortably get them without tiring quickly. (I do this while watching TV) Walk up to the TV, stay there for a few steps, then walk all the way back (to the wall or couch), then walk back to the middle of the room, repeat.

As long as your feet are moving, and at a good pace in about 16-17 minutes you will have walked 1 mile without leaving the house 

To add a mix, I also have been playing with the Kettle bell, which is actually a fun weight "lifting" technique, however it uses your core (middle area) to do most of the work which means...toning not muscle building.

I have contemplated on buying a Kinect for my Xbox 360 and get the sport game that I love and played for so long, SOCCER!! (If they make it)

Grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

dmariesc
on 6/4/12 1:12 am - ME
 I'm looking for some suggestions to keep from being bored during my post op recovery  I thought I would really enjoy the down tim.l..

Diane- Marie

Most Active