Verify, Verify, Verify

soontobelovely
on 9/27/15 5:37 pm - COVINGTON, GA

I am thinking about scheduling my DS surgery with Dr Rodriguez inJuarez Mexico but how do I verify how many he has performed so far? Really dont wanna be a guinea pig.....

Sandra F.
on 9/28/15 5:43 am

I don't know anything about this particular surgeon, only the one that did my Sleeve, but I know that when I was researching surgeons, looking a surgeon up on this website and other WLS boards to see what people had to say about them and if there was anything negative was one of the ways I researched.  Search him in the upper right hand corner and see if there are any reviews.  Also google his name only and see what pops up.  Unfortunately, there just isn't a lot of info for some surgeons.  Good luck to you!

soontobelovely
on 9/28/15 6:11 am - COVINGTON, GA

Yes , I did all of the obvious but can't find out in regards to the specific # of surgeries. I did find out though of no complaints but really need to know his experience with DS. Thanks for your comments, much appreciated

Tserfes
on 9/28/15 1:07 pm

Please look into Dr. Guillermo Alvarez. He is the best of the best! Absolutely no negative reviews. He is with Endobariactrics and is on Facebook and YouTube as well. You will not regret it!

soontobelovely
on 9/28/15 1:45 pm - COVINGTON, GA

Thanks

BebeZed
on 9/29/15 12:30 pm - Bellingham, WA

How many DS surgeries has he done? I looked at the endobariatrics site and the DS is not listed, and he is listed as a sleeve surgeon. Not saying he's not a DS surgeon, but there's insufficient information. 

Tserfes
on 9/29/15 4:10 pm

He has done over 7000 surgeries. He only does the gastric sleeve surgery. He believes that's the way to go for wls. Check out his books on Amazon and his videos on YouTube.

Simone13
on 9/29/15 5:58 pm

Hi....I can definitely vouch for Dr. Rodriguez!!  I have my VSG surgery July 18, 2015 by Dr. Rodriguez in Juarez, Mexico.  I've lost 43 pounds so far. I've had zero complications and I'm loving it.  He's a great surgeon and Star Medica hospital and their staff are fantastic!!!!  His team of doctors are so pleasant!

soontobelovely
on 9/30/15 2:35 am - COVINGTON, GA

Thanks Simone, I needed that. No one seems to know him.

TerryF9
on 10/1/15 12:11 pm

One of the things that helped me make my decision was my doctor's Facebook support group. It's always a good idea to exchange information with actual people who have been where you want to go and have used the doctor. Ask if they have a support group or ask for contact information on former patients, any good doctor should have patients that will recommend him. Good luck on your research!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 253 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 443 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1059 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1625 views