I'm not going to cry about it, but wondered how could this happen????

Annette L.
on 1/4/06 3:41 am - Farmington Hills , MI
Yesterday after I had my scope I weighed myself. The scale said I gained 12 pound's! I asked the nurse if it was right, she said it was. I didn't say anything 'cause it made me feel really bad. Then I started thinking maybe the scale I used at the other hospital was way off, I don't know. I don't see how it's possible to gain that much (or any) weight with what I have been eating the last week or so (since Christmas day). I had been taking in less than 100 calories a day, untill yesterday. I don't understand it. I'm not gonna cry about it. I'm just going to eat right - now that I can, and pray that it will start coming off again. Thank's for listening. God bless, Annette
RhondaShoemaker
on 1/4/06 4:59 am - Shelby Township, MI
Don't get upset!! Most likely the scales are not callibrated correctly. Stay with either the hospital scale or the one you use at home. I know that I freaked out the first time I had a weight gain - it was only two pounds, but I was upset! Probably just retention in the bowels, as it was gone in two days, along with an extra pound!
tamitazz
on 1/4/06 5:01 am - MI
Annette Alot of things can make you gain weigh****er weight is the biggest. Remember that you are starving your body if you are only taking in less than 100 calories a day and it is rebelling severly. You need to start getting in more nutrition. Your not going to lose weight any faster by starving yourself. You body is going through changes that it can't understand right now. It is in shock so it is holding on to every piece of nutrition that you are giving it which does not look like alot. Take care of yourself and your body and it will treat you better I promise!
Annette L.
on 1/4/06 5:38 am - Farmington Hills , MI
Hi Tami, Thank you for the encouragement. It's not that I was not trying to eat, I couldn't eat. I would get really sick to my stomach when ever I ate or drank anything. They opened up my narrowing esophagus and my stricture yesterday, so now I can eat again. I hope it comes off as fast as it went on. God bless you, Annette
darla
on 1/4/06 9:37 am - Detroit, MI
Annette, You KNOW you didn't eat enough to gain 12# so don't beat yourself up for something that is impossible! My surgeon, doctor, and my scales all weigh different (mine is the best!!!), so I don't even worry about the other two, just mine. No matter what you weigh on each scale, the pounds lost will be the same and that is all that matters. Just be happy that the stricture is gone (I've been there - had 3 strictures in as many months). Now that you will be able to eat again, make sure you do your 4-6 meals per day (whatever your doctor's protocol is) - in other words, keep up the eating when you are supposed to. That helps keep the stricture from happening (my stricture/scope surgeon told me that after the 3rd stricture - why didn't he tell me that sooner????). Also, hot tea really helps to keep the muscle from tightening up - I now avoid cold drinks whenever I can and drink most of my stuff at room temp or hot. I definitely don't want another trip to the scope doc!!! Don't worry - there might be bumps in the road, but things will even out very soon! I will be 6 months out next week and the first three were a little hectic for me, but now I'm feeling great and the past is history now! Take care, Darla
Most Active
Recent Topics