Two Month Expectations!!!

amishmom
on 1/4/06 9:58 am - Southeastern MI, MI
A friend of mine had her WLS 2 months ago--she hasn't been doing too well--stoma closing on her. She had it opened just before Christmas but still can't keep more than 2 tsps of cottage cheese and even has a hard time with fluids. I think it has closed again. Told her to call doc. BUT--dear board friends---help me out---if you remember or you are two months out--tell me what you are eating and about how much. Also, how often do you throw up, if at all. She needs some comparison cuz she has thought throwing up was the way it was always going to be. Hopefully she will be on this message board soon. I told her all about the great support system here. Thanks again Marti L
TC
on 1/4/06 12:55 pm - Hudsonville, MI
Marti, I had my surgery on the 10th of Nov. As far as what I can eat depends on what it is. Most soft foods, yogurt, cottage cheese instant breakfasts etc. I have no problem getting it down and it stays down. As far as harder, dryer things, chicken, turkey, cheese, crackers, egg whites, tuna etc. I need to chew and chew and take small amounts at a time otherwise it gets stuck and takes awhile to go down or it will come back up. But that is only occasionally. I think your friend should be able to get more down by now. I only am drinking water and crystal light and protein drinks and they all go down good, however I can't drink them with any food, which is what the Doc. said will happen. No drinking 15 min. before a meal and 5 min, after a meal. Best of luck to your friend. Tami C.
Mary D.
on 1/4/06 10:13 pm - Macomb County, MI
Marti, I remember well the struggles to eat, drink and stop throwing up early on. I didn't get hunger pains so I would forget to eat and get sick. My pouch didn't let me put too much food or water in for the first six months and was picky at what it would allow too. I would find that I could eat something one day and it would make me sick as a dog the next day. I think my biggest problems during the early months was me trying to drink to fast or quickly after eating (I had always drank while I ate). I thought for sure that was the way I was going to be for the rest of my life (and I was going to get use to it, lol), but about six months out things got so much easier. There is still things I can't tolerate and others I don't even try to anymore, but through it all I never regretted having the surgery. I wish your friend the best and hope things get better soon for her!
Most Active
Recent Topics