Pre-Surgery Diet Help

MadFatLady
on 5/12/11 10:59 pm - MI
 OK, so I am on the UNJURY pre-surgical diet.  It is ANNOYING me!!!  But, since I've lost 8.5 pounds since starting on Monday, I will keep it up!!!  Keeping up with this would be really hard without seeing results, since most of the foods are so bland.  I don't do bland foods well!!

I am especially having problems with the Cream of Wheat.  Made with water it tastes like paste.  Made with milk it tastes like creamy paste!  I am having a really hard time getting it down.  This morning, I added 1/2 scoop of chocolate protein powder to it; that made it better.  I just was wondering if anyone had any other tips on how to make it more flavorful without adding sugar or violating the whole "liquids only" thing.  Thanks!

Lynn

Christian Fiction Author

http://lynnmcmo.com        
Pat R.
on 5/13/11 1:02 am - Sturgis, MI
Lynn, you can safely add spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, etc. to enchance the flavor of things such as cream of wheat.  You can also add flavorings - vanilla, etc. - just make sure they don't have sugar in them.

If you are only on this pre-surgical diet for 2 weeks just be good to yourself -- this too shall pass!!!

Pat r.

(on MySpace, MSN, Web pages, Blogs...)
Done! Your Ticker: 
Jody ***
on 5/13/11 10:45 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
There are a LOT of sugar free flavorings out there.  I know Sams club has several.  Since we don't have a Costco here, but I'm sure they have some too.  Walmart has some. 

Try Splenda with the Cream of Wheat?  The protein powder was a good idea too.  Meijers carries some SF no calorie chocolate flavoring...

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

marymazilla
on 5/14/11 10:30 am - GARDEN CITY, MI
what about the  SF coffee syrups.

www.davincigourmet.com/products/sugar_free_flavored_syrups/
or
www.torani.com/products/sugar-free-coffee-syrup

not sur what your alloud to have. but you could also try some powdered coffee creamer too.

"When we stop running away from the situation that is scary - that is the moment we discover how strong we really are. So, acknowledge your strength...rejoice in it...and start breathing in life, as the beautiful, strong soul (being) that you truly are." - Rachna Sirtaj.......Love & Peace

redheadjean
on 5/20/11 11:55 am - Canton, MI
I don't remember eating cream of wheat on the Unjury pre-surgical diet.  I was eating oatmeal every day and I added spenda and cinnamon.

On the post surgery liquid diet it says cream of wheat and I thought it was pretty yucky, so I ate coco wheats instead.  :-)
Jean  
Most Active
Recent Topics