WoW! Emergency Surgery last Friday

momofsix
on 8/23/11 6:00 am - Pinckney, MI

Went to the ER Thursday night with horrible right side pain.  I thought it could be one of many things but was really hoping it was just really bad gas... LOL....

Well at 7 AM Friday morning I was in surgery to remove my appendix!!!  They had to do it open too instead of lap, because of the amount of abdominal surgeries I have had.  I have about a 4 in*****ision now to add to all my scars... LOL... I am recovering well, they got it early so it hadn't ruptured or anything.  So I am doing well now.  This is the first day I have really been on the computer, I have been updating friends on Facebook via my phone since Wednesday when the pain started.

Just wanted to update my OH family.....

HUGS to ALL,

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06
319/169/185/204 - 5' 7"  Starting/Goal/Lowest/Current

wkbaum2
on 8/23/11 8:34 am
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
momofsix
on 8/25/11 9:13 am - Pinckney, MI

Thanks so much... It seems slow going... It seems like my RNY was a quicker recovery than this is going, but probably because it is a bigger incision..... I am finally starting to get around though....

HUGS,

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06

marymazilla
on 8/23/11 8:33 pm - GARDEN CITY, MI
Wow so happy your well now and all is taken care of!

"When we stop running away from the situation that is scary - that is the moment we discover how strong we really are. So, acknowledge your strength...rejoice in it...and start breathing in life, as the beautiful, strong soul (being) that you truly are." - Rachna Sirtaj.......Love & Peace

momofsix
on 8/25/11 9:14 am - Pinckney, MI

Thanks so much Mary!!!!

HUGS,

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06

BariBariHappy
on 8/25/11 8:09 am - MI
 Whew! Glad they got it in time!! Don't worry about all those scar's...I have a hysterectomy scar, a back surgery scar, a hip replacement scar and by next week.....Sleeve scars! My husband says "Scar's can be sexy!" 
momofsix
on 8/25/11 9:23 am - Pinckney, MI

Thanks!!!  I REALLY have my fair share of scars though... I Have had vein stripping in my right leg (4 scars), ACL repair on both knees (3 scars on each), tubal ligation (3 scars), tubal reversal (bikini cut), tubal ligation again (3 more scars), gall bladder removed (3 scars), RNY (4 scars), and now my appendectomy (1 big scar).... OH and a bad do on a belly button ring (1 more scar, lol)

To top it off I am scheduled for a bladder lift on the 20th of September which will be 2 more little scars on each hip.... Then I just got a call today from my PCP about the Ultrasound that they did in the ER last Thursday on my pelvis and there is concern about the results so I have to go in to talk to the doctor.  I know that they told me I had many dominant follicles on my left ovary and couldn't understand why I didn't have pain on that side.  So I may need a procedure for my ovary now too..... What else... OMG!!!! 

Whenever I go into the doctors or the ER I take a list of my surgeries and my meds, because I could never remember them all, for my age, my list is just too long.... But oh well.... I hope I am just about done with my list... LOL....

Thanks again....

HUGS,

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06

BariBariHappy
on 8/26/11 1:10 am - MI
Okay...okay...you win on the scars! hahahahaha

Seriously though...don't worry about the left ovary...let them take it if they need to. You'll still have the right one to work so you don't go into menapause too early. They took my left one when I had the hysterectomy and I seriously couldn't see a difference. Just now am I starting to feel some hot flashes...but they are subtle....and I'm going to be 51. Oh, and the bladder lift...I had a friend who had it and you'll be glad you did!!

Again, BEST of LUCK to you...keep me posted!
momofsix
on 8/26/11 4:46 am - Pinckney, MI

Thanks so much.  I needed that little pep talk.... I will definitely keep everyone posted, I know it is not always WLS related, but I like to keep up and let my OH family know what is going on with me.  I am on here everyday seeing what is going on with others and if I can help I try to.

I was actually scared last week when I went in that I had a twisted bowel or a hernia.  Hadn't really thought of a twisted ovary on the right or my appendix.  But once everyone on facebook said to go in, it was probably my appendix, then the light bulb went on... LOL... I am just glad I got in when I did.  I am getting anxious for my appointment on Tuesday to find out what they say about that pelvic ultrasound.  Keep your fingers crossed that it is nothing.

HUGS,

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06

Nan2008
on 8/28/11 11:59 pm - Midland, MI
Glad you went in and everything is OK now!!  Hope you continue to recover and feel better each day!

Nan

HW 300
/ SW 280 / CW 138 /
GW 140
Hit Goal 4/2/2010

Most Active
Recent Topics