Upper Endoscopy

redheadjean
on 3/18/12 10:31 am - Canton, MI
Have any of you had an upper endoscopy since your surgery?  Any concerns about that with the different anatomy?  I have had a few episodes of severe abdominal pain and they have done xrays, ultrasound, and blood work and ruled out gall bladder.  They think it might be an ulcer.  I'm scheduled for an upper endoscopy tomorrow and an upper GI and small bowel follow through on Friday.
Jean  
momofsix
on 3/25/12 5:41 am - Pinckney, MI

Hey there.. just wondering how it went.. Sorry I missed your post and didn't get to reply before your procedure.... I normally check the board every day, but I have been crazy busy lately and enjoying our EARLY summer...

I have had a handful of upper endoscopy's after my surgery... I had a stricture and an ulcer not long after my surgery, then had to have it checked again... then yet again... and then a few years later thought I might have another ulcer so I had to have another one done....

For me it was no big deal and they found out the problem and fixed me up... Hope it all worked out for you and you are doing better... Take care...

Hugs,

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06
319/169/185/204 - 5' 7"  Starting/Goal/Lowest/Current

redheadjean
on 3/25/12 8:32 am - Canton, MI
Thanks for asking!  My endoscopy went fine and they didn't find anything.  They documented a small hiatal hernia.  I also had an upper GI and small bowel follow through on Friday.  I can't believe how much barium they made me drink!  They said the hernia was tiny and didn't find anything else.  All tests clear - just a vvery slow small bowel - test took almost 4 hours. 

My gasterinterologist talked to me Monday after the scope and said that one of my pancreatic enzymes had been slightly elevated when I saw him a couple of weeks ago.  I had an episode of abdominal pain the night before I saw him.  I also had pancreatitis in 2005.  He said if both of the tests came out fine he wanted to do an MRI of my pancreas and the ducts to it.  My follow-up with him got cancelled, so I called his nurse on Friday and hope I'll hear from them this week so they can get the next test scheduled.  I'm feeling like my body was put through hell this week with all the no eating at this time to this time, and take these laxatives, and drink this nasty tasting stuff and even after the barium on Friday, I had to drink magnesium citrate to help clear the barium - which isn't quite cleared out yet.  Part of me wants to just wait and see if I have any more problems...  :-(
Jean  
momofsix
on 3/27/12 1:25 am - Pinckney, MI

Wow... sure does sound like you were put through the ringer.... Glad all turned out ok though... I know you want to know what is going on and it can be frustrating when they can't find anything.... Good Luck with your next test and keep us posted on how you are doing....

HUGS,

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06
319/169/185/204 - 5' 7"  Starting/Goal/Lowest/Current

Most Active
Recent Topics