Friday Cyber Cafee: Topic CHANGE!

marymazilla
on 5/11/12 12:48 am, edited 5/11/12 1:12 am - GARDEN CITY, MI
“Realize that every second that you are not taking action is another day living the life you so desperately want to change."
- Jim Smith

Morning Michiganders and all who lurk.
trying to kick start our board again and get it back up as active as it once was. Hope you will join in.

Change is very important to us WLSers. It starts from the first time you look at the numbers and say man this has got to stop and never seems to end. We are always evaluating our process and determining what we must do to stabilize or adjust our life styles.

And today I was evaluating my journey. When I set my mind to doing something about my health I became very proactive. Was diligent to follow the rules and jump through the hoops to get my WLS. Had the surgery and successfully followed the rules and dropped 130+ lbs. maintained it for an entire yr. I didn't reach my goal as I had planned it. But still felt successful about the results. Until just after the 2ND anniversary of my surgery . all of a sudden I started to gain lbs. Back. from 199 to 235 in no time at all. What was happening?????????.

I came back to OH looking for the support I once found to be so helpful. But, The Michigan board seemed barren. Just a Hand full of post, however not from any of the veterans I enjoyed a day to day cyber coffee with everyday. I miss them. I do still see post on the FB from a lot of them every now and again.

Back to change and WLSers. Like I said the scales began to raise. Well a couple of times I tried to restart my program on the right track. And falling off the wagon and feeling defeated. Was I doomed to never be the beauty of 140 lbs. Why didn't I become a twig like so many other who have had the surgery. Did I get short changed with my RNY surgery. Was my pouch not small enough? Why why Why?

and then I decide to discipline myself. go back to the rules I had set for my self. and Practice what I had preached many times before. Take one rule and enforce it the add another and do that until your following them again.

So first things first
I started journaling my meals again. Wow I had learned how to graze my way up to 3000 cal a day and hardly Any protein. No water Even though they were low fat foods i managed to eat more than needed.

Then the water. I was not consuming any but that which was in my coffee cup. So I started my old friend the jug in the fridge and nothing to drin****il I had completed my water.

next the vitamins. Had not taken any for months. big basket still in the linen closet right where I left them. Not any more back to preparing my daily pill pack for a week in advance and actually taking them on track.

then the calorie intake.
1200 cal per day
60-180 carb
30 fat
80-120 protein

and Oh yes exercise.
If turning the channel with a remote was considered some then that is what I did. Now I am back to the gym with my daughter most days of the week, and riding my bike 5-10 miles a couple of time per week.

My humble opinion is that this process of getting health not only requires a constant discipline to make sure that we maintain the change that we have under taken and to not slip into our old habits.

as of today I have lost ten lbs of the regain. and going strong.!

What are you views about change? Have you struggled to keep from backsliding? have you experienced any of the things I have mention or are there others that were not mentioned?

Thanks for reading and participating in this cyber cafe!

"When we stop running away from the situation that is scary - that is the moment we discover how strong we really are. So, acknowledge your strength...rejoice in it...and start breathing in life, as the beautiful, strong soul (being) that you truly are." - Rachna Sirtaj.......Love & Peace

boxermom
on 5/12/12 4:45 am - MI
I commend you for being honest here.  I hope all feel this is a safe place to tell the truth.  We won't flame you for falling off the wagon.  We all do from time to time.  The important thing is that you got yourself back on track.  Which is a very difficult task to do for sure.  Its also important to be completely honest with the food you are eating.  so you can see in black and white how much you are actually eating.  then you can make adjustments.  i eat too much fat.  this site also allows you to measure carbs protein and fat and water, exercise.  good luck everyone!

I think a daily food journal is perfect to start with.  I use www.livestrong.com/myplate/

Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

marymazilla
on 5/12/12 11:27 pm - GARDEN CITY, MI

Thank You Bee.
Hope you are feeling better. Good to see your on the boards. I hope that the others who lurk here will be brave enough to comment on any post because we are all here with out judgement.

"When we stop running away from the situation that is scary - that is the moment we discover how strong we really are. So, acknowledge your strength...rejoice in it...and start breathing in life, as the beautiful, strong soul (being) that you truly are." - Rachna Sirtaj.......Love & Peace

Most Active
Recent Topics