Been Away Too Long!

momofsix
on 4/14/14 12:18 pm - Pinckney, MI

Can't remember the last time I posted here, but I got my start here, and all my info to get my journey going...  I am 7-1/2 years out now.. still doing amazing.  I had a set back a couple years ago that involved 4 surgeries in an 8 week span, and lost time from activity and then of course gaining back like 30+ pounds, plus some that had creeped back on before that (not much though)... So now the past couple months I am back on the trail of working out and eating better...

I started my journey at 310, got down to my lowest at 185.  Back up to hovering around 200 - 203.. then the surgeries... Got back down to 220 not too long ago.. Now as of today I have gotten myself to 204!!!  I do my best to work out at least 3 times a week, but with 4 kids still at home, 2 grown and 3 grand kids, plus a part-time job, my time is precious.  So I am proud of what I have done and what I have been able to maintain over the course of 7-1/2 years.  

I am still praying that someday I can get my plastics done, but for now, I just deal with it.  My kids need to much and they are my priority.

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06
319/169/185/204 - 5' 7"  Starting/Goal/Lowest/Current

Donna H.
on 4/15/14 10:47 am - MI
VSG on 08/04/14

Welcome back and congrats on your recent weight loss! You'll be back in onederland soon. I'm just starting on the wls journey myself and love to read updates from people who are several years out. 

5'6" ConsultW: 312.4 (3/29/14) VSG w/ Dr. K Krause: 287.4 (8/4/14) 

Pre-op: -25 M1: -16.8 M2: -10.8 M3: -14.4 M4: -7.3

momofsix
on 4/18/14 11:58 am - Pinckney, MI

Thank so much.  You are right about where I was when I started my journey.  You will do great.  Take a look at my profile and my pics if you want to.  It has been a roller coaster, but I do not regret for one minute of what I did.  It was just a stepping stone to get my weight loss going.  The journey is for the rest of my life.  Almost 7 years later, I am proud of what I have accomplished and the disciplines I have acquired.  Always remember that your pouch is just a tool to get you where you need to be.  Be good to it, and treat it well and it will take care of you.  Never stop eating right and taking good care of yourself.

Yes, I do have pizza sometimes, and I have my wine and soda when I want (poured in a glass though).  Although with my wine I have to cut it 1/3 wine to 2/3 diet sprite so I can cut the sugar down.  I rarely have a taste for sweets still, but when I do it is just a bite or two.  Don't let yourself fall back into old habits.  That is the worst thing you can do.

Can't wait to hear how your journey goes.... It is a whirlwind in the beginning.  Best of Luck to you....

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06
319/169/185/204 - 5' 7"  Starting/Goal/Lowest/Current

Most Active
Recent Topics