help need a support buddy to help me get back on track

sherryhall62
on 7/2/15 8:15 am - MI

I am 8 years out from surgery and gained a lot of weight back I no I can do this but need help went back to dr Foote and thay wanted to start me on the back on track program but insurence dont cover it ..and Idont have 1500 to do that ..so am hoping somone could help me get started its been years sence I tracked protien ..so not even sure where to start again please help me !

sherryhall62
on 7/2/15 8:17 am - MI

am will to buy those meals or shakes what ever just cant go back and forth to the drs in gr

E_Saenz
on 7/9/15 2:06 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

You just need to discipline yourself and only eat and drink what your supposed to. Get back to the basics greek yogurt. Lean protine, cottage cheese, string cheese, tuna fish, high protine shakes or meal replacements. You can do it!

Elia Maria Saenz

E_Saenz
on 7/9/15 7:20 am - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

What surgery did you have done?

Elia Maria Saenz

sonnieN
on 7/17/15 11:39 am - grand rapids, MI

You can do it as I'm doing it myself right now. I'm one year behind you for when I had my surgery and regained 65lbs from my lowest. Currently have dropped 25 of those by tracking what I'm eating and working out. It's not easy but if you focus and take it one day at a time it's doable. The biggest thing I've found if exercising. I've finally found a place I enjoy (if you can enjoy exercise) and am willing to go 5-6 times a week. I also bought a FitBit to help me track things. I'm a bit OCD so knowing I need to get a certain calorie burn each day to realize that and if it shows I don't have it I'll have to increase my activity so I do. Might not be a motivation to everyone but it is to me.

Jdc5677
on 7/20/15 9:15 am - Mason, MI

I am a newbie here, but talking to my contacts, tracking, water intake, and protein are the upmost importance.  You just have remember why you did this in the first place.  Yourself, family, spouse, kids, or grandkids. I am excited, but worried about my relationship.  So I hope that does not hinder me.

RNY July 13th, 2015

Jerry

Brandi Girl
on 12/9/15 8:51 am
WLS on 10/18/11

I am not sure what the "back on track" program you are talking about is? I don't want to spend any more money on diet programs. I think we all know or at least can figure out what we need to do, but it's the support we can get from these programs that is vital. That is why I plan on using this site as much as possible now!  I know it does not get very much traffic anymore for some reason, but maybe if we all start to post just even once a day traffic will start back up :D We are all here because of the same thing and want the same thing! How great is it that we have that in common and can support each other?

LoriLH
on 10/9/16 6:19 pm - MI

I had revision RNY in 2010.  I had regained 50# in the past 2 years. I have been able to lose 18 of that so far in part, using Myfitnesspal to keep track of protein, fats, daily calories, exercise, water intake.  It's been helpful tool for me.  I was told to shoot for 60-80gm protein.  I personally drink a protein shake ever morning.  My stomach still can't handle food until later in the a.m.  I'm focusing on protein, veggies and fruits.  I had a friend confront me and reminded me that I am capable of losing the excess weight.  She gave me confidence to begin.  

I have not been on OH for some time.  I used to use this forum on a daily basis for support.  I figured this would be another tool that I can use to aid me in losing the excess weight I've put back on.

It is possible and You Can Do It!   WE Can Do It! 

Lori

stacey1273
on 12/30/16 10:06 am - Belleville, MI

I've had a lot of regain myself.  I would be a great candidate for revision surgery, but lack insurance and can't afford it out of pocket.  I'm 61 lbs under my surgery weight.  But am almost 80lbs heavier than at the lowest I got after surgery.  I just finished college(at 44) so I'm ready to take control over my life again.  I let things get out of control.  I plan on using My fitness Pal, my Fit Bit, measuring tape, and I have a smart scale that links with Fitbit and My fitness pal.  I know it's all useless technology, but I have no one to hold me accountable.  I'm single, no kids, and my family is no help.  I'm going backwards in a health way.  I'm out of breath a lot and don't feel comfortable anymore.  My vitals are good as far as the doctor is concerned, but she says I'm on a bad path that's going to hit me if I don't do something about it, and I know she's right.  Good luck to us.  As you said, We can do it.

Stacey Elliott

Most Active
Recent Topics