Something more about comfort food

colderbythelake
on 11/8/07 6:00 am - Duluth, MN
Isn't funny how things appear in your email when you least expect it or it's something you recently mention or are talking/complaining about?????? The girl I work with got the following email Guideposts Newsletter and the title was; "Your Guideposts Newsletter: Comfort Food" This is the little blurp "C O M F O R T    F O O D Autumn always brings out the cook in me. Only instead of getting lost in the never-ending pile of novels I want to read, I devour cookbooks. Soups, roasts, you-name-it. The more complicated or odd sounding the combination, the more interested I am in trying it. Steak with chocolate? Why not!       As the oven warms the room and the house fills with sweet smells, my son asks, "You making cookies, Mom?"      "Nope, chocolate steak."      "No really, what are you cooking?"      Now, if only I could get him to try my creations. Food is often an important part of celebrations, an offering of love to get well, or a source of comfort on a chilly autumn day. This newsletter is filled with stories and recip es that prove food is a  lot more than just what we eat". Kathleen

"The most important words we'll ever utter are those words we say to ourselves, about ourselves, when we're by ourselves. ~ Al Walker
Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1368 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1142 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2613 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2694 views