Marsha F.
on 11/8/07 10:48 am

Hi I'm from Hutchinson and today was the first day I wrote on here, and it is amazing how everyone responds.  Thanks to those of you who wrote to me that means alot.  I do have a question....Has anyone regretted having the surgery.  My best friend had it done and she says she's not hungry and I am scared that I still will be hungry.  I love my food!!!!!!! I know in my heart that this is the best for me and I should know in 2 weeks when my date will be set.....talk again later

PamelaK
on 11/8/07 12:44 pm - Osceola, WI
Hi again.  I don't regret having the surgery one bit!  Best thing I've ever done for myself and really for my family too!  I believe each one of us had the thoughts of "This isn't going to work for me."  "I'm going to be starving." "I'll be the one person that the surgery does't work for."  You are totally normal thinking this.  There may be others that do regret the surgery, but for me, I'm pleased a*****h.  *S*
Hugs And Kisses Pam   

*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 11/8/07 6:01 pm - East Burbs, MN

Welcome Daycare Mom...!

I have never regreted having surgery..  What an awesome tool!  Your thoughts and feelings you are going through are VERY normal.  We all had our food pity partys and funerals.  For some the first few months out are a challenge.

I wish you all the best on your journey!

Dana      

(deactivated member)
on 11/8/07 10:08 pm - Milltown, WI
Welcome to the board!  I also have never once regretted the decision.  I am only a little more than 2 months out and I feel fabulous!  It is by far the best decision I have made, my blood pressure meds are gone because I don't need them and all my achey joints are soo much better!  In fact I feel better than I ever remember feeling~ I could just do a happy dance!  Again welcome and always feel free to pop in with questions, concerns or just when you need someone to talk to! 
Tammy A.
on 11/9/07 12:22 am - Maple Grove, MN
Welcome to the board!  I am very greatful to have been able to have the surgery and do not regret it one bit!!  I have lost 75lbs and 6 sizes.  I feel great!!!!   There is something you should know, you will feel hungry again after a few months.  You will deal with some of the same demons you have now, you just need to work on why you are hungry and deal with that.  For a lot of us it is emotional eating that really makes us hungry. Good Luck, Tammy

Lori Pool
on 11/9/07 12:35 am - Chanhassen, MN

The first month after surgery I did regret having the surgery. I think I was mourning my old stomache and really missing food. But then, as your diet advances to pureed and such, things get better. Then you also start to see the results coming. And it's great! I no longer mourn my old tummy. I don't regret having this surgery at all. It's the best thing EVER!!! 106 lb loss so far. I wouldn't trade that for my old tummy for nothing.  Good luck!!! Lori

Suzy58
on 11/9/07 12:41 am

Lori,

I'm new to this site as far as the posting goes, but I've been reading all the entries for a couple of years.  Yesterday I took the plunge at my annual physical and approached my physician with questions concerning the lap band procedure.  He, of course, recommended going back to Weigh****chers (been there done that).  But he did say my BMI would qualify me and if I was determined to go this route he would give me a recommendation to the one and only physician that does this in Duluth where I live - Dr. Lenz.  Will you please tell me a little more about your journey?  Will I really have to wait an entire year and go through extensive psychological testing before being approved?

Thanks!

Sue from Duluth

Michelle G.
on 11/9/07 5:00 am - Duluth, MN

Sue another step I would take is checking with your insurance to see what is required.   If they require a 1 yr  or 6 month follow with a dietician...a lot of insurances do.   I think Dr Lenz is not the only one doing surgery in Duluth...just the only one at St Luke's....St Mary's I believe still has Dr Medlin and Dr Bertel.   I know Missy just had hers done there this week.   Give your insurance company a call so you can get started on this right away.   It can be a long wait but the time goes by quickly.

Click here for a larger view. 

doodlebug
on 11/9/07 10:17 pm - MN
Welcome and best wishes to you!
Blessed are those who can give without remembering
And take without forgetting.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

May You Fly with Eagles
Run with Wolves

Walk with Buffalos

and

Always be my Friend

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1369 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1143 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?