Farrah ,How is the 5 day pouch test going?

lcarlson2
on 11/9/07 12:22 am - Otsego, MN

Farrah, I was just wondering how the 5 day test is going and if you have any words of wisdom? I am starting today and just wondering how your doing with it. I am playing to many mind games with myself. I know I can do this I keep telling myself. What part has been the hardest and how have you over come it so I know what to expect?  Also is there anyone else out here doing this? Your words of wisdom would be great also. Have a great weekend. Linda

Farrah W
on 11/9/07 1:23 am - Tallahassee, FL
Hi Linda! I actually was just getting ready to post.  Day 3: B: 2 eggs scrambled with cheese L: 1 cup chili S: SF pudding D: Tilapia S: SF pudding Yesterday wasn't that bad. I wasn't that hungry in between meals, so that's great! I had a bad headache late afternoon, but I had some SF pudding and it went away. I have to admit, day 2 was the WORST! I was hungry all day long with a headache. They say you can eat a small piece of fruit or something to help with the headache, but I knew if I did that, it would affect my carb cravings and that's what I'm trying to cure. I look at food and my head still tells me I want to eat it, but the cravings aren't really as bad as I thought they were going to be. I'm pretty happy about that.  One of the hardest parts is to not drink for 30 minutes before eating. I'm fine with not drinking during eating (which i don't do anyways) and after eating (that's a bit harder to wait the entire 30 minutes). NowI need to "plan" when I'm going to eat, and not graze all day long - which of course is what we're SUPPOSED to do. I think it will get easier as I keep doing this.  My only other concern is having the SF pudding, because of course I chose chocolate. i'm hoping this won't trigger chocolate cravings, but I'm pretty good for now. Day 1 was the easiest so far. :) Good luck to you! Farrah
Shannin
on 11/9/07 1:39 am - Eden Prairie, MN
I am so glad you're doing this - it really helped me "feel" my pouch again. Day 2 was hard, ut once I got past that it became much more easy. I never did follow the drink rule, but I've gotten better about not drinking after eating. Even my new nutritionist thinks at this far out we don't need to be as careful about drinking up to mealtime. She does not want me to drink during or 30 minutes after the meal, but is OK with me drinking up to the meal. Thinking of you, especially with our most favorite nurse in the hospital. I can only imagine if you were here - you'd have her up and jogging!!!
Shannin
336>162>170  Below GOAL!!

"Every now and then, somewhere, someplace, sometime, you are going to have to plant
your feet, stand firm, and make a point about who you ar and what you believe in. When that times comes you simply have to do it" ~Pat Riley
lcarlson2
on 11/9/07 2:27 am - Otsego, MN

Thanks, Keep of your great work. I really helps knowing someone else is fighting the same deamons.

Linda

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1353 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1139 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2604 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2692 views