ST CLOUD AREA NIGHT OUT PLANS

nicole W.
on 11/9/07 3:06 am - Bismarck, ND
OK ladies and gentlemen, it is sounding like plans are coming together for the St. Cloud night out. The suggestion is November 24th, the Saturday after Thanksgiving, and overwhelmingly it is sounding like that is OUR NIGHT! Now for the really hard part.... Where to eat?  TGIF is right on the corner of Highway 15 and 23 very easy to find, lots of selections and Carol N. had mentioned this. Any input?  Dancing is the next really hard decision: Downtown there is a ton of bars within walking distance, so nobody has to drive but as one person said, a LOT of college kids(not necessarily a bad thing, but was brought up). My personal favorite is Benton Station, but that is in Sauk Rapids.  The really good part about Benton is they have a limo/bus that will pick you up and drop you off anywhere in town for $5 each trip. Way cheaper than a taxi, and if any of us drinks ( we will not be reporting you to the Docs, I promise) then we don't have to drive. It is also usually a slightly older, though no less rowdy, crowd. I am open to other suggestions. Now that the date is set, the rest is up to everyone else to let me know. Also, anyone interested in a hotel, let me know by Wednesday, and if there is interest, I can make reservations and let everyone know about cost! This is gonna be a blast.
 2007_0529WEIGHTLOSS0114 by you. 2007_0529WEIGHTLOSS0117 by you. Sparkles by you. 
nicole W.
on 11/9/07 3:23 am - Bismarck, ND
OK did some more research, there IS KARAOKE  on Saturdays at Benton Station in Sauk Rapids.
 2007_0529WEIGHTLOSS0114 by you. 2007_0529WEIGHTLOSS0117 by you. Sparkles by you. 
shellinaj
on 11/9/07 3:49 am, edited 11/9/07 3:49 am - Albany, MN
I am in! As far as where to eat- I can find SOMETHING anywhere.  Fridays is fine with me. Also, Benton Station sounds fine - I guess I prefer to stay away from downtown.....what other places have been mentioned?? SOUNDS FUN!!! Shelley P.S. Is there coffee at 10 tomorrow??
Carol N.
on 11/9/07 4:00 am - Sartell, MN
Yes Shelley, Coffee tomarrow!!!! 10:00am at Caribou!!! You coming??? if so, can't wiat to see you!!!  CarolN

'Live  Simply. Love Generously. Care Deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God!
'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'   

Carol N.
on 11/9/07 3:50 am - Sartell, MN

Wow!! This sounds like a fun evening!!! G-Allens is also a great place for dinner and it would be really  close to Benton Station if that is were we end up! I can check but I think they have kareoke on Saturdays too......but not the service for sober cab that you mentioned.

I personally would prefer to stay away from Downtown on a Saturday night!!! Tends to get more crazy down there than I can handle!!!  Also, right behind G-Allens there is the AmericInn Hotel and they have pretty good rates!!

'Live  Simply. Love Generously. Care Deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God!
'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'   

shellinaj
on 11/9/07 4:03 am - Albany, MN

I will be there so we will talk tomorrow!!

Anita B.
on 11/9/07 4:29 am - MN
I found that Wyatt Earp which is a metal punk at the Benton Station.  Which hotel are you thinking about staying at?  We could look and see what other bands are playing around town.  I think I will be in St. Cloud that day because my family is having Thanksgiving dinner that day.
Anita

nicole W.
on 11/9/07 4:32 am - Bismarck, ND
OK another option is Dusty's out on Highway 23. Again a slightly older crowd. Ramblin Rose is playing, and they are mostly a rock band, they do a lot of cover songs I guess. Yeah, metal is not really my thing either, so maybe Benton is out, we can see what others think.
Anita B.
on 11/9/07 9:30 pm - MN
If I remember correctly Ramblin Rose is a country rock band.  That is from my days going out up there way back. 
Anita

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1339 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1130 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2596 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2688 views