Nail or Nail Bed Changes?

Lindaanne
on 11/12/07 9:44 pm - SSP, MN
Has anyone noticed changes since surgery? I have a split coming up from my nail bed....its red, but not sure if its sore...I did bang my nail yesterday but this has been this way for about three months. Any thoughts?

Start Weight - 263
       Current Weight
  135 and making it work for ME !

sweetsue617
on 11/12/07 10:05 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
Good morning, Linda~ My nails are terrible. They have lines running the lengths and have developed creases. They're also quite soft and prone to breaking. My nails were never very good but now they're horrible.  My nutrition technologist figures I am not getting enough protein, because of the nail condition even with taking Biotin. I'm gonna HAVE to find a protein drink I can tolerate!  Have a great day! (((HUG))) **SUE**
Lindaanne
on 11/12/07 10:07 pm - SSP, MN
Yea Im pretty sure its a nutrition thing.... thank goodness for gel's so mine are covered up. Thanks for the input sweet sue!!! Warm hugs

Start Weight - 263
       Current Weight
  135 and making it work for ME !

barbk
on 11/12/07 10:18 pm, edited 11/12/07 10:43 pm - Eagan, MN
Hope you figure it out......I do the gels too because of my bad thyroid and it's dry skin, brittle nail issues.  I've had acrylic/gel nails for 25 years.....So I'll be watching to see what I have coming up for me and how you resolve it....

Fitness is not about age or a size -- it's really about an attitude and life style!!!
Life is not measured by the number of breathes we take, but by the moments that take our breathe away~~

Carol N.
on 11/12/07 10:34 pm - Sartell, MN
Well, I am completely opposite!! I have had to cut my nails a couple of times because they keep growing! I keep polish on them though and they are very strong. I have been blessed with good nails all my life, but I really have never had them be so strong and I attribute this to the calcium and protein and well keeping polish on them.

'Live  Simply. Love Generously. Care Deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God!
'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'   

Tammy A.
on 11/12/07 10:37 pm - Maple Grove, MN
My nails are weak, but are fine.  I take a lot of flax seed oil and make sure I get all my calcium in, I think that helps.  Sugarfree jello can help as well.  I also where acrylics to make my nails stronger. Tammy

Connie D.
on 11/13/07 5:56 am
Linda...my nails are always peeling. They seem stronger but still peel at the tips. I have tried keeping them polished and many other things. I may go back to artificial...at least through the holidays. Hugs, connie d
Diamond Girl
on 11/13/07 9:41 am - Ham Lake, MN

My thoughts are either a nutrient deficiency (though knowing you, I really cannot imagine this is it) or a local injury to the nail it is occuring on. I do not know enough about gel or acrylics, so I won't even attempt to offer thoughts on that. However, when I worked in the salon industry, I recall OPI carrying a product called Nail Envy that was a really good hardener and they even made it in a matte formula for men. My husband used it as he has really weak and bendable nails and it really helps. OPI may be a good website resource for you perhaps. Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1354 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1140 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2606 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2692 views