Diamond Girl -- Who did you pick?

barbk
on 11/14/07 12:22 am - Eagan, MN
Amy -- who did you pick for insurance?  Inquiring minds want to know.....

Fitness is not about age or a size -- it's really about an attitude and life style!!!
Life is not measured by the number of breathes we take, but by the moments that take our breathe away~~

Diamond Girl
on 11/14/07 12:28 am - Ham Lake, MN
I don't get to pick...it will be BCBS, but through my employer vs. DH's and NO EXCLUSION for WLS by my employer...yipppeeee... Now, surgeon & surgery type...different story. LOL No decision firmly made yet. I believe you know I am debating between RNY & DS...it's just so personal and I have one more info session that I have decided to go to before I make my final decision. If I choose the DS surgery, I believe I will be in for a potentially longer insurance approval process (deny, appeal, etc.), but I don't know that for certain yet. Insurance doesn't take effect until 1/1/08, so I'm still a month & a half out from the official change. Keeping my chin up. Thanks for all of your support.
(deactivated member)
on 11/14/07 3:27 am - Milltown, WI
Woo Hoo I am so excited for you!!  I hope everything goes smoothly and you feel as good as I did after surgery!  And still feel great now.  I hope your journey with insurance goes smoothly and you have no bumps in the road!  Now if you have any questions about my surgeon or anything else about my surgery please feel free to message me!  I check them almost every day, and if you ever want to get together and chat about it let me know, maybe we can come up with a time/place to visit!  Good luck Amy I am wishing you all the best!  Kristi
Diamond Girl
on 11/14/07 4:07 am - Ham Lake, MN
THANK YOU!!
barbk
on 11/14/07 12:33 am - Eagan, MN

See -- that part with insurance I didn't know.  I just assumed (and you know what they say about assume), that you would have a couple to pick from -- Health Partners, BCBS, UHC.  Well, congrats on the insurance pick up.....  I knew you had to wait until 1/1 but it is soooo close now!!!  And you so deserve this -- you have done your research on both procedures and God will guide you to the right decision.  Look for your guardian angel's signals from your prayers -- you will know when you feel it. XXOO

Fitness is not about age or a size -- it's really about an attitude and life style!!!
Life is not measured by the number of breathes we take, but by the moments that take our breathe away~~

Diamond Girl
on 11/14/07 4:09 am - Ham Lake, MN
*sniffle* (((Barb))) Thank you so much! I'm at a loss for words really because it has been an emotional wait but one with purpose I know...the light at the end of the tunnel is coming into focus and it is getting very exciting to be able to pick up speed once again.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1354 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1140 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2606 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2692 views