MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Member Services
on 8/31/12 1:26 pm - Irvine, CA
Hello Members,

On a daily basis we get calls from members in desperate need of surgeons that will accept Medicaid and or Medicare for Bariatric surgery.  It breaks our hearts when we have to say "we don't know of any surgeons in your state we can refer you to". 

Can you please help us? If you know of any surgeons in your state that accepts Medicaid and or Medicare, will you list their:

Name

If they accept Medicare and or Medicaid

Phone number

Facility

Address

This list will remain here for our members to access and use.

Thank you so much!!!

ObesityHelp,

Member Services

bigrichard
on 11/29/07 11:33 am - Warner Robins, GA
Hello There: I have not had my surgery yet but I am getting real close. I see Dr. McCollister in Crosby on the 12th of December. I think the bariatric program in Crosby just got their Acreditation this past August and they are accepting Medicare patients. I have Medicare that is underwritten by Humana. I see McCollister in 2 weeks for my surgical consult. I have not been approved yet but they seem that I won't have any problems. Hope this info helps. I have the coordinators name and phone number, It is: Shar Johnson       320 East Main       Crosby, Mn 56441        Ph# 1-888-546-4343 Take Care Richard Powell
Tammy Bishop
on 12/3/07 11:33 pm, edited 12/3/07 11:33 pm - Buffalo, MN
The surgeons at the University of Minnesota accept Medicare and Medicaid.  They also preform every type of bariatric surgery both open and lap.

Tammy (Bishop) Simmon
Insurance Appeal Advocate
Center for Bariatric Advocacy and Support
DS with Dr. Buchwald
1-13-04  ~ 285 lbs. to 125 lbs.

Connie D.
on 12/16/07 1:37 am
Dr. Glass and Dr. Bettendorf at Northwestern Clinic in Sartell, Minnesota take both. They are awesome doctors...both of them. Hope this helps.....connie d
grannyeileen
on 12/21/07 8:47 pm - Eagan, MN
Good Morning, Dr. Rupp and Dr. Kelly at St. Paul Surgeons in St. Paul, Minnesota accept Medicare with a supplemental insurance.  I have Medicare and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota Senior Gold and all of my bills were paid in full.  Thanking God that I had both of them as I had some complications in the hospital and the final bill was extremely high. Add these doctors to your listing.  They are not only good doctors, but their office staff is "awesome" Hope this is what you are looking for at this time. Granny Eileen
SJ41
on 1/28/08 9:20 pm - IGH, MN
Hello,  I had surgery Jan. 2nd.  I have Medicare/Humana.  to the best of my knowledge,  Healtheast Bariatric Clinic......Dr R. Drew and Dr M.  Schwartz accept medicare.  Double check tho.  Incidently Dr Drew did an awesome surgery for me.   sj41

Surgery 1/2/'08 @ 227 lbs.......today, 143 and working towards 138.

:-)

Over_the-Rainbow
on 2/15/08 1:49 pm - Hopkins, MN
Over_the-Rainbow
on 2/15/08 2:13 pm - Hopkins, MN

Paul Benn MD and Bradley Pierce MD

MA-EPD and Medicare  (surgery at age 49, and hadn't been charged one cent:  100% covered  laproscopic RNY with gall bladder removal.

952-915-8626

Fairview Southdale Hospital Weight Loss Surgery, 6505 France Ave S, Ste W320, Edina MN  55435

Their  program is amazing!  I attended the info session mid-March 2006, found I must quit smoking for four months prior to surgery, so immediately quit.  Their program guides the individual through the necessary steps, and I had surgery exactly four months later, July 25, 2006!  The clinic personnel are friendly, professional,  timely responses to voice messages left for them.  And this program typically does not require the pre-surgery 'liquid diet'.  I was merely told to not gain any weight until surgery.  I've been diligent from day one about following the program exactly as suggested.  Absolutely no problems and no complications.

Never let your memories be greater than your dreams.

Maureen C.
on 3/10/08 1:38 am, edited 3/10/08 1:39 am - Mankato, MN
                                                       HCMC

Hennepin Bariatric Center

& Obesity Program

612-873-5479

or 1-888-873-5479

Accepts Medicare/Medicaid.                     Howard Lederer, Donald M. Jacobs, Jon C. Krook      I never once questioned if I had chosen the best center.  The entire staff - receptionist to surgeon and everyone in between - are all fun and enthusiastic people.  They certainly know their stuff and are excited about helping me reach my goal.  And they know me by name!  I have all the confidence in the world with this crew.  BTW - I am currently in the pre-op fasting stage.  RNY March 20, 2008 (yea!)

"I really don't want to wax philosophic, but I will say that if you are alive, you've got to flap your arms and legs, you've got to jump around a lot, you've got to make a lot of noise, because life is the very opposite of death."  Mel Brooks
sophieclair
on 3/13/08 6:34 am - Sartell, MN
The Surgeons in St. Cloud MN Accept Madicaid and Medicare.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1353 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1140 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2606 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2692 views