Chaska Support Group through Ridgeview Medical TONIGHT!

(deactivated member)
on 7/18/11 12:29 am
Hello All,

Support group through Ridgeview Medical Center is this evening JULY 18th @ 6pm at the new Two Twelve Medical Building located at 111 Hundertmark Road in Chaska, MN 55318

This evening's topic is: Consequences of Vitamin Deficiencies: Short and Long-Term and will be facilitated by Ridgeview and Abbott's Bariatric Nurse Heidi Pucel and Ridgeview's Dietitian Cristy Miller.

I personally requested this topic simply because I had met a few people who had had some sort of weight loss surgery 15-20 years ago and when we were discussing my lifestyle post Gastric Bypass and my vitamin cycle they were SHOCKED to hear what I was required to take because they were not instructed to take ANYTHING.

THIS SHOCKED ME!!!  15-20 years ago these people were not educated or instructed on the post Bariatric Surgery lifestyle and it made me so sad because I know what is going to happen through my research on Vitamin Deficiencies.  So I asked Ridgeview if they would touch on this topic and here it is.

The support group is 1 hour and is held in the 3rd Floor Conference Room of the building.  Walk in the front entry and take the elevators to the 3rd floor and you'll see the sign.

ALL PEOPLE ARE WELCOME!!!  It does not matter what stage you are in PRE OP or POST OP or SUPPORT PERSON or JUST LOOKING INTO SURGERY.  It also does not matter WHERE you have had your surgery ALL PEOPLE ARE WELCOME!!!

This support group meets on the First TUESDAY of every month and the Third MONDAY of every month.

Upcoming dates are:
Tuesday August 2nd - Self-Esteem:  Feeling Good About Myself; Facilitated by Dr. Hal Baumchen, director and Pyscologist of Northland Counseling Services

Monday August 15th - Open Forum - Facilitated by Dr. Hal Baumchen

Tuesday September 6th: Realize My Success - Online Support; Aimee Geist, representative for Ethicon Endo Surgery.  (This is an online support tracker for all types of Bariatric Surgeries and is pretty cool if I do say so myself.  Aimee is coming in to teach us how to use it.  It's a food journal, an exercise journal, a diary etc. etc. and is a great tool and she'll teach us how to utilize it!)

Monday September 19th: Vitamins and Supplements - Understanding the differences and what we need; Ben Pogue, representative for Bariatric Advantage. (This man is flying in from out of state to be here and EXPLAIN all of the vitamins and supplements.  I've met him and he's an awesome teacher and does not SELL but wants to help us better understand and Bariatric Advantage has some awesome programs for each type of surgery to help keep us on track!)

Tuesday October 4th:  Open Forum with Dr. Hal Baumchen.

Hope to see you at one or all of the meetings, make it a great day!
Sal
Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1368 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1142 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2609 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2693 views